Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1250 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:ArtAttack

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $6.99 $30.00 Pattern Details
Christas said... (9/8/11 7:13 PM) Reply
Oh, WOW!!! This is such a pretty version of that pattern. I LOVE the added sleeves. Thanks so much for figuring it out for us. Great dress - that fabric is just too pretty!
Laurie Lou said... (9/8/11 10:39 AM) Reply
I like the idea of the long sleeve version and just happened to finish the B5495 pattern you used. I am about to embark on my first v1250. I love the look you achieved! Thanks for posting this review!
whirrclunk said... (9/4/11 4:40 PM) Reply
So much better than the envelope photo! Great fit, never mind for a muslin. Looks very good with the sleeves.
Heatherrique said... (9/3/11 11:23 AM) Reply
The dress looks also stunning with long sleeves! Very nicely done!
FLFiFiLarue said... (9/2/11 5:25 PM) Reply
Love the long sleeved version! Thank you for making the changes and sharing them! And I have the Butterick pattern in my stash! Cool! Love Love Love this dress but thought it would be nice if there was a long sleeve version. And Viola!! you did it! Thank You!!
NJcowgirl said... (8/31/11 2:14 PM) Reply
WOW it's beautiful. I love the color, the fabric, the sleeves, the fit. It's great. Thank you for the sleeve info.
chickenlips said... (8/31/11 1:49 PM) Reply
Hoorah - sleeves! I am a big sleeve fan and as much as I liked the look of all the great versions of this dress, there was one thing lacking for me and that was the sleeves! I do have the pattern and it was on my 'todo' list to draft some sleeves, so am I happy you've done it for me! Thanks for a great review and very informative details on your blog
Claverie said... (8/31/11 9:58 AM) Reply
SLEEVES?! Nice Job! Great fabric for this dress as well. Very nice!
Nan Kay said... (8/31/11 9:12 AM) Reply
Truly brilliant. I like this pattern, but with sleeves I love it! Of course now I need to make another 1250!
NewRibena said... (8/31/11 9:07 AM) Reply
Wow, you did a great job. Hopefully I will get the courage to try that...
Fran G said... (8/31/11 7:37 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. I learned a lot from your tutorial and will put your technique to good use. I think I'll go with a 3/4 sleeve but now I have technique to get me there. Thanks!
manola6176 said... (8/31/11 5:32 AM) Reply
This dress is even more loveable with sleeves. You are so smart!!!
rivergum said... (8/31/11 5:17 AM) Reply
Love it! Great fabric too!
ArtAttack said... (8/30/11 10:22 PM) Reply
Everyone...thanks! I'm so glad this was helpful! It looks like I was not the only one wanting a sleeve on this dress. Try it...it's fun!
JoanneM said... (8/30/11 10:04 PM) Reply
BRILLIANT!!!!!! I wanted to make this and add a sleeve, but you have made my job easier!!! It looks fabulous and I going to make it my long weekend project. THANK YOU!
jenleeC said... (8/30/11 9:50 PM) Reply
Love this pattern in the crinkle polyester! Perfect fabric for the cowl and the waist draping. And the long sleeve version looks great.
marec said... (8/30/11 9:21 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress with the color of caramel. I like it very much with the sleeves.
marjoriekh said... (8/30/11 9:11 PM) Reply
Good job - I'm all for adding sleeves to great no-sleeved dresses, and making them wearable for cool weather. So glad to see that it's possible with this pattern (which is in my sewing queue) with excellent results. Thanks!
Knitz said... (8/30/11 9:11 PM) Reply
Nice adaptation -- wish I'd done that on mine! Karen
racehorse said... (8/30/11 8:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for being our guinea pig! I'll have to try a version like this for the fall.
cmarie12 said... (8/30/11 8:42 PM) Reply
OMG! You know how much I love this pattern and now you've gone and added sleeves to it! This is just AWESOME!
Aixoise said... (8/30/11 8:42 PM) Reply
Nice dress! And thank you for the sleeve instructions. In my eyes, you are Einstein! And I agree that a long-sleeved version would be a nice addition to the printed pattern.
SewWil said... (8/30/11 8:19 PM) Reply
Love the addition of the long sleeve. Great job!
Andrea670 said... (8/30/11 8:10 PM) Reply
You did a really nice job on this dress. I love it with the long sleeves. Thank you. I might have to make a version up like this.

brerrabbit.com Lucinda Skirt