Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8581 (MISSES' TUNIC)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:9/10/11 5:18 PM

darkdesertmoon said... (10/25/11 0:27 AM) Reply
Striking......absolutely beautiful.
Pam in Amsterdam said... (9/29/11 7:31 AM) Reply
peasant blouse I would say, beautiful, it suits you very well. Itīs a shirt for every occasion. Is your friend Annette not jealous, you didnīt make this garment for her?
MamaSewing said... (9/14/11 8:20 AM) Reply
Another great top, love the fabric (all of Annette's fabrics are great!) and the way you altered the pattern to suit you perfectly.
VirginiasDghter said... (9/13/11 8:16 PM) Reply
Another GREAT top added to your wardrobe. Love this with the belt and jeans!
Mahler said... (9/12/11 9:45 AM) Reply
Very Ralph Laurent !!! The belt is perfect with it.
dukaqwn said... (9/12/11 8:29 AM) Reply
Great looking top!! I like it better, too, without the elastic at the bottom. I had thought about that pattern but hesitated for that reason. Glad you tried it without that "bubble look" to let me see that it really is a great pattern!!
taylormade said... (9/11/11 10:17 PM) Reply
thanks so much for this great looking top. The fabric is lovely and it's a great style on you.
taylormade said... (9/11/11 10:17 PM) Reply
KrissyB said... (9/11/11 9:10 PM) Reply
Wow, it's gorgeous! I don't think I have sewn anything from Vogue before. I just figured their patterns would be too difficult but you have inspired me and I think I will try this one. Thanks!
KrissyB said... (9/11/11 9:10 PM) Reply
Heatherrique said... (9/11/11 12:11 PM) Reply
Your top is more appealing than the pattern envelope's sketches. I adore those sleeves on you!
SewWil said... (9/11/11 12:08 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! I like the way you omitted the elastic from the hem. I had not thought of doing that. Your top looks wonderful on you and I like the way you accessorized it.
Diane E said... (9/11/11 12:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Good thing you beat Meggie to the fabric --- it's perfect!
MNBarb said... (9/11/11 10:16 AM) Reply
You are miss-sewist-with-a-purpose this week and every garment looks fantastic on you. I'm so glad you returned to Joann's for those nine more patterns. I'm blaming you for my loss of control which caused the buying of two more Vogue patterns. This blousy style really suits you. It's loose and flowy but doesn't envelop your face and body. I'm sure if I said "peasant" at this time of year to my husband he would mistake it for "pheasant". He would then don his camouflage clothing and be gone for a week to the hunting shack. I'm impressed that you have a gentrified spouse who knows about such things! Congrats on a very successful top!
cleverkitty said... (9/11/11 8:53 AM) Reply
So feminine, fresh and pretty. I love it paired with the belt. Fabric is beautiful...
1SewSweet said... (9/11/11 8:32 AM) Reply
Oh Ms. Christas!!! I love you! This is one of my favorite patterns and I've only made it once because I hated, hated, hated the way the neckline was put together, but I love the look of the top! Your idea is perfect and as well as the look of your top!! Just absolutely gorgeous!! This will probably be my very next sun dress! Beautiful work and thanks so very much for the great tip!!
LakesideLady said... (9/11/11 7:54 AM) Reply
Looks great. Fabric is so pretty !
QuiltSewSewSue said... (9/11/11 2:04 AM) Reply
Great top - cream certainly looks good on you!
khunter said... (9/10/11 11:37 PM) Reply
wow..... you look great in this top. I love your version.
Erin D said... (9/10/11 11:27 PM) Reply
I love both versions of your top. Good call with keeping the elastic out of the hem. So much prettier without it.
Amanda.Claire said... (9/10/11 10:13 PM) Reply
Ooooh, that is so pretty!
Barbara V said... (9/10/11 8:22 PM) Reply
I can hear the regret already coming from Annette!!!! What a dear friend to share such gorgeous fabric. That really is beautiful fabric and a great style for which to use it. I love this style on you - really elegant feminine to the max. Lovely work! P.S. I see that Annette's comments have arrived - yep, regret, but sadly out of her control!
Catbird said... (9/10/11 8:08 PM) Reply
Oh my goodness, I can't keep up with your pace these days! Every time I turn around you have a new creation. This is so beautiful on you and such a perfect choice for that pretty fabric from Annette. So funny . . . I thought the same thing as Annette did about Bernard's comment. It's impressive that he knows what a peasant top is!! This looks like a pattern you could use over and over and over -- it's a great look for you and I love the belts & accessories.
Annette1 said... (9/10/11 8:03 PM) Reply
I can't believe you took this pattern and made THIS gorgeous top! That's what I call VISION. :o) If I were you, I'd wear it till the DAY I DIED --ha! I absolutely LOVE the way you've styled it. Believe me, I WOULD have kept that fabric were it not for the H-O-T F-L-A-S-H-E-S, which kind of take away from the whole effect -- ha! That's so funny that Bernard even KNOWS what a PEASANT TOP is. I can assure you Bailey doesn't. :o)
AnneMarie60 said... (9/10/11 7:40 PM) Reply
Spectacular look! Love this top!
jannw said... (9/10/11 7:11 PM) Reply
how pretty on you!! Great job on the neckline..it looks perfect!
angeleyes88 said... (9/10/11 6:30 PM) Reply
The top is just stunning.
Karendee said... (9/10/11 6:07 PM) Reply
Christa, thanks for all the excellent hints in working with this great pattern. You blouse is a wonderful example of a feminine, elegant , easy to care for blouse. It can be worn with jeans and an elegant skirt. You definitely have a winner with this blouse, and it does look wonderful on you. Great review.
Elemenopeo said... (9/10/11 6:02 PM) Reply
I've been hemming and hawing about adding this pattern to my collection but it is such a nice top you sold me.
JanieBee said... (9/10/11 6:01 PM) Reply
Lovely top!
FreyaStark said... (9/10/11 5:45 PM) Reply
A really pretty top, and it looks great on you. I like it better without the hem elastic, too.
carolynw said... (9/10/11 5:34 PM) Reply
It's really beautiful and you look gorgeous with the top and jeans - poor Annette!! I have been looking at this pattern but was put off by the elstic hem at the bottom - am happy to see you didn't use it and it looks so nice - so now I must get this pattern!! Great work as usual and very helpful review - thanks

Decades of Style 1902