Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2245 (Misses' Sportswear)

Reviewed by:Christas

Last Updated:10/17/11 8:10 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants

darkdesertmoon said... (10/25/11 0:26 AM) Reply
The dress is so pretty. I love Gingham. I would have never thought to have blended the two fabrics together. Look how awesome that turned out. Too cool!
BlossomKyle said... (10/18/11 7:40 PM) Reply
That is SO cute! Maybe I'll have to give this one another look...
renren said... (10/18/11 12:29 PM) Reply
You know, I think I'm going to buy every one of these Lisette patterns based on your super cute results.
pterion said... (10/18/11 10:40 AM) Reply
What a great ensemble! And looking at your different versions, I'm thinking I need this pattern - it seems so versatile!
Karendee said... (10/18/11 10:10 AM) Reply
Christa, you have done it again!!! The Lisette pattern is a winner and you have updated it/styled it in such an amazing way. I notice some cute red heels with your red belt and buttons--just setting the whole ensemble off perfectly. This is another winner in my book.
ggf2005 said... (10/18/11 10:02 AM) Reply
love what you've done with this one...the belt just makes it pop!
Jane S said... (10/18/11 9:12 AM) Reply
This dress is a fabulous classic and you have styled it wonderfully. There should be many versions of this in your future.
madebyj said... (10/17/11 11:05 PM) Reply
Great pairing of the fabrics - makes for a gorgeous dress, Christas. You look great in both versions.
Annette1 said... (10/17/11 10:39 PM) Reply
I LOVE your red/white checked, OH-SO-CHEERFUL dress with the floral trim. And lest I forget the SHOES ... AND the earrings? This is a darling outfit, and comfy, too! :o)
Christas said... (10/14/11 6:41 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for all the very nice comments! Batik, I think that it would work great for a stable knit like Ponte.
Batik said... (10/14/11 1:10 PM) Reply
Really nice and helpful review on this very cute young dress! I like the various ways you show it. Wondering how this would look made up in a fairly firm but light knit.
seeshellsew said... (10/13/11 4:02 PM) Reply
I love your dress and the way you styled it. I always have the hardest time narrowing down to which patterns I want to buy but you've definitely inspired me to get this one.
1SewSweet said... (9/27/11 5:51 AM) Reply
Oh I so agree with everyone here, this is absolutely adorable!! You have to make it again!!
MamaSewing said... (9/26/11 9:36 AM) Reply
What a difference a few changes in accessories make - I really like it with the grey belt, leggings and the print scarf. I like all the little details on the dress as well, they make for a great finished garment.
cleverkitty said... (9/25/11 10:42 PM) Reply
This is so cute the way you put everything together. Love all the details, I have to get this pattern now that I see how you styled it.
carolynw said... (9/25/11 11:33 AM) Reply
Very pretty and I love the accessories you chose to put with it - the color is great for you - I like it both belted and unbelted - this sure is a go anywhere do anything kind of a dress depending of what you wear it with - a real plus in the wardrobe
Catbird said... (9/25/11 11:25 AM) Reply
I couldn't agree more with what everyone has said. The style of the dress skyrockets when you add your accessories. I especially like it with the leggings, scarf & belt. The color is really pretty and you look really pretty in it!
Barbara V said... (9/25/11 10:25 AM) Reply
What a very cute pattern and your version is lovely with the special fabric and pretty color. The many ways you have styled it show how versatile the dress can be and how creative you are with fashion!
Sue Parrott said... (9/24/11 11:02 PM) Reply
Really cute! I love it!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/24/11 9:01 PM) Reply
I love your reviews Christa! This dress looks great with the scarf and belt too. Annette is right, you should make the pants. I did awhile back and they are a wonderful pattern.
madebyj said... (9/24/11 7:07 PM) Reply
This colour and style is most flattering on you. Great choice and I also love all the styling that you have tried with this dress. It just shows how multitalented you are. Looking forward to seeing further creations from this pattern. Perfect!!!
SewWil said... (9/24/11 6:45 PM) Reply
What a versatile piece! Looks great on you and I love the way you styled it. Beautiful!!!
MelissaB in WA said... (9/24/11 6:17 PM) Reply
Very nice Christa - you sure style it very well!
prttynpnk said... (9/24/11 5:52 PM) Reply
I love this- a favorite pattern in a very rich rendition- I love the texture with it.
Karendee said... (9/24/11 3:36 PM) Reply
Must agree with all of Annette's posts. You absolutely can style a classic dress so well. That is one of the beauties of wardrobe basics, IMO. Your workmanship is perfect and the dress looks great on you. BTW, I like this shade of green on you. It's also great that you now love your new dress.
Annette1 said... (9/24/11 3:26 PM) Reply
I forgot: You should make those pants, too!
Annette1 said... (9/24/11 3:24 PM) Reply
This is absolutely ADORABLE, Christa. Last night after I asked which pattern it was, it DAWNED on me and I realized I have the same pattern -- ha! I love the way you've styled it in each photo, too. You're an inspiration with your photos. I'm lucky if I can drag my sorry butt in there in the bathroom to snap a blurry picture in the mirror. :o)) You really SHOULD make more from this pattern. It's a true winner: comfortable AND oh so cute!

Stretch & Sew 312