Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3921 (Bolero or Shrug)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:9/25/11 1:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
anncie1 said... (10/20/11 8:15 PM) Reply
How cute!! I too love this pattern and reviewed it as well!! It's been awhile since I read your reviews. I forgot how fun they are!!
FreyaStark said... (10/13/11 4:23 AM) Reply
Fabulous! A distinctive and stylish garment.
BexInMD said... (10/6/11 10:12 AM) Reply
You've made a very smart-looking jacket/bolero and given us a great review as always. I like your use of removable shoulder pads and also the turning opening in the lining back seam.
1SewSweet said... (9/27/11 5:54 AM) Reply
I love the way this fits you!!! Such a smart jacket, you could wear this with so many things! Nice selection of pattern and fabric!
Barbara V said... (9/26/11 11:08 AM) Reply
How often do you get your teeth cleaned???? Well, what a good way to accumulate beautiful fabric! - and this fabric is certainly beautiful and perfect for the bolero that you expertly sewed. What a wonderful fall color too that will be versatile with many outfits. Clever girl, you!
Peggy L said... (9/26/11 7:00 AM) Reply
I love this - and I want one, too:) It looks great on you and I loved the added button.
SewWil said... (9/25/11 10:56 PM) Reply
LOVE this!!! The fabric is perfect for this pattern. The edge stitching was a great idea. The jacket looks great on you. I had not noticed this pattern but now I need it. Posture? Not sure what you mean.
cleverkitty said... (9/25/11 10:52 PM) Reply
Really sharp little Jacket Annette, love the button. Great idea making one for you niece while she's pregnant, the idea of it stopping above the stomach is perfect.
Terri A said... (9/25/11 8:05 PM) Reply
This looks great and that ADORABLE button!!! So cute:-)
Re Becca said... (9/25/11 8:03 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous! That looks SO much better than that pattern! Your edgestitching and your fitting are utter perfection as is your posture.
HeyJane said... (9/25/11 5:45 PM) Reply
This looks so beautiful. I love the edgestitching and the button!
Karendee said... (9/25/11 4:36 PM) Reply
Excuse me, but where is that bad posture? You don't know the meaniing of stooped over shoulders. Just as well--because you look beautiful. The color, style, fabric, collar, button, the fact that the bolero closes ---every single feature is just great. That fabric does look rich and of so nice, and it will enhance so many outfits this fall. That little top will be a winner for sure. As for your appearance while heading off for church, you look fantastic. Lovely hair, gorgeous skin, great outfit and everything perfect.
Catbird said... (9/25/11 3:42 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm always tempted by faux suede (this tofu-girl wouldn't be in the market for REAL suede:-)) but I tend to think it will be too difficult to sew and I never buy it. Yours looks fantastic! I love the top-stitching and agree that the fabric probably needs it for a crisper finish. It looks great on you. I don't see one iota of poor posture in that pretty pre-church photo, by the way!
Riesie said... (9/25/11 2:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! And just the perfect little jacket for fall.
carolynw said... (9/25/11 2:22 PM) Reply
I am going to disagree with you - it DOES NOT look like the pattern envelope lady - yours is WAY better in every way - I love it and the fabric you chose is just scrumptious (now how about that word eh?) I am going to get this pattern - I have had this lovely piece of corduroy laying around and never could find a pattern for it - this is it. Thaks Annette for another lovely review and you look beautidful on your way to Church - no sloppy posture that I can see!!
Christas said... (9/25/11 2:08 PM) Reply
Annette, I LOVE this on you! I totally agree about the collar; it does give this a very nice "jacket-y" look. The edge stitiching is an absolutely wonderful detail, and wow, what a beautiful fabric to showcase it on! You look MARVELOUS, my dear!

BurdaStyle Magazine 06-2011-110