Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2011-04 (Everyday scoop neck)

Reviewed by:angeleyes88

About angeleyes88star
ON CANADA
Member since: 2/11/10
Posted on:9/29/11 5:43 PM
Last Updated:9/30/11 9:20 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
Levone said... (11/15/11 9:12 AM) Reply
Cute top! Great review with good tips. I definitely think this was made for layering (hence the low neckline) so thanks for pointing that out.
angeleyes88 said... (9/30/11 9:25 AM) Reply
I just edit my posting to add how I attach my binder. I was apprehensive about using mac tac (I thought it was cheesy) but it really works well I usually use the first two needles from left to right for attaching binding with the settings at 4 for the needles and 3 for the lower looper. The differential feed is set to 1 and the stitch length is set to 3.5. You might have to turn down the tension of the lower looper to 1 or 0 when going over seams. Hope this helps!
Amanda.Claire said... (9/30/11 7:42 AM) Reply
Cute top! Thanks for the spray starch binding hint. I never use binding attachments because it is so fiddly getting it all to work right...maybe this will be the trick.
blue mooney said... (9/30/11 7:28 AM) Reply
Love a good basic like you made! Thanks for the warning on the neckline.
Christas said... (9/30/11 1:45 AM) Reply
Really nice! Your neckbinding is wonderful, too. Ottobre patterns are some of my all time favs!
rivergum said... (9/30/11 1:13 AM) Reply
I like your version f this top, but I think it may be a piece meant for layering, i.e. for a tee underneath with a higher neckline.
Ericaeli said... (9/29/11 10:48 PM) Reply
I just made this one up too. I thought the neck was low too. I even added a band rather than binding to raise it up a bit. Mine is the same color as yours too.
Julia C said... (9/29/11 9:51 PM) Reply
Very nice coverstitching. I wonder how it would do as a sweater since it is loose & low cut.

by: gabc