Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 1019 (Clover)

Reviewed by:froggiegirl

About froggiegirlstar
Member since: 5/23/09
Posted on:9/30/11 7:58 PM
Last Updated:9/30/11 9:33 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
mlsews said... (5/12/14 0:24 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review! I've been putting off making this pattern knowing I would need quite a few muslins. I have to make almost the same adjustments you've listed. I think I'll start with those and see how it goes. Thank you!
Cultured Purl said... (11/19/11 1:28 PM) Reply
I have NO idea how this designer does it, but she creates patterns that are flattering to everyone! I,, too have some concerns about this pattern,,,, but mostly its b/c I am a bit concerned if the straight look is in vogue, or not, YOURS look great on you and I would make more than a few pair ( and for me I would probably make a master pattern and change the legs as I went along b/c I would love to see these done in knee lenght capri's ,( not ankle lenght, I am too short for that!) You have inspired me to go ahead and place that order,,NOW!
hme75 said... (11/7/11 11:10 PM) Reply
These pants look great, and the review is so helpful. I think a pair of these in green corderoy would be fantastic!
Knitters Delight said... (10/19/11 1:23 PM) Reply
I like the idea of green cords. I may have to make a few more Clovers, too.
Annieq said... (10/3/11 6:28 PM) Reply
Oooh. I have been wanting to try these out and have been considering the pattern. Thanks for the informative review.
froggiegirl said... (10/1/11 2:34 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.
michellep74 said... (10/1/11 1:29 PM) Reply
Very flattering! I like this look--a slim pant but without too youthful of a "skinny jean" look. I'd been dying to see these made up. Thanks for the review!
Mebber said... (10/1/11 9:37 AM) Reply
These look great! Now that you have the fit perfected you can sew a bunch. I was wondering about this new venture into pants for Colette patterns and it looks like it is right on successful. Thank you for the review!
blue mooney said... (10/1/11 8:20 AM) Reply
Yay for you and your red pants!
Ericaeli said... (9/30/11 10:44 PM) Reply
These are great! I bought the pattern, but I have been reluctant to try them, but after seeing your review I am motivated. Thanks for explaining how you got a good fit.
margk said... (9/30/11 8:55 PM) Reply
So great to have pants that fit! These look good.
kremmer said... (9/30/11 8:23 PM) Reply
Congrats on your cool pants! Well done!

Understanding Knit Fabrics