Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 74692-1004 (Danish Lounge Chair)

Reviewed by:Richy

About Richystar
Member since: 10/6/06
Posted on:10/3/11 12:53 PM
Last Updated:10/3/11 12:59 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

FreyaStark said... (10/6/11 3:10 AM) Reply
A labour of love that has paid off. Doing something properly is well worth the effort, isn't it? Your anecdote takes me back to my decorating phase.
MichelleE said... (10/5/11 2:08 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job and I LOVE that chair! I have just discovered my love for Danish furniture as we remodel a home we purchased. Ironically enough I am in the midst of choosing fabric for 6 teak danish dining chairs I'm reupholstering!
whomper said... (10/4/11 11:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful job and excellent review.
pterion said... (10/4/11 9:56 AM) Reply
Wow, we had a chair just like this when I was growing up (except the upholstery was this really ugly orange color that was so popular then). Fantastic job on the re-upholstering. Home Dec projects are so satisfying and really do save money.
jenleeC said... (10/4/11 5:32 AM) Reply
Just beautiful! And yes, it does have those lovely classic Danish lines. This is a piece of furniture you will treasure much better than a cheapie you would toss in a few years!
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/3/11 7:39 PM) Reply
It's absolutely perfect!
Lynnelle said... (10/3/11 7:16 PM) Reply
Your chair looks ultra chic. I love, love, love it. What a great job.
HeyJane said... (10/3/11 6:55 PM) Reply
Oh, my gosh, I refinished a chair exactly like that! The fabric is similar, too! I remember having to baste everything to make it stay together. The cushions on my chair are much thicker…in comparison, I can see from your pics that the thinner cushion is much more appropriate for this style. The piping is fantastic!
Renee' S said... (10/3/11 4:48 PM) Reply
Richy, your chair looks fantastic! The lighter fabric is a perfect compliment to the lines of the chair. It looks so much better than the original. I love the stripes and whoa - they all match.
Richy said... (10/3/11 3:28 PM) Reply
Thanks! I can't believe I matched the stripes either!! I was originally going to use a bias cut piece of fabric for the piping so I wouldn't have to fuss with matching... but I didn't have enough yardage. I am not sure what is worse: matching all the stripes or creating separate piping!
RadarRadiance said... (10/3/11 2:54 PM) Reply
Looks fabulous! I can't believe you even matched the stripes on the piping to the chair. Looks sharp and comfy at the same time.