Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2599 (Misses Tops With Trim Variation: Separate Patterns For B,C,D)

Reviewed by:Erin D

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

JoyceP said... (10/14/11 9:37 AM) Reply
I just "muslined" this pattern, using actual muslin - so the drape was wonky, but I could deal with that. I made a size 20, D cup and it was pretty much perfect out of the envelope. I might have liked another 1/2" ease in the sleeves, but that's easy to do. Didn't put facings on my muslin because I was only checking for fit, but on a back opening, I prefer to extend the facings down to the bottom and around below the opening, as on my fave RTW shell. I serge finish the raw edges of the facing and edgestitch very, very close to the neck edge and down around the back opening. I like this pattern otherwise, although I have skipped the ruffles so far ;-)
cleverkitty said... (10/14/11 9:02 AM) Reply
it looks so nice but after your review I don't think I want to make it, it's even voted best pattern but the problems you came across is exactly what I envision.
AndreaSews said... (10/13/11 10:48 PM) Reply
Pretty top.
SewWil said... (10/13/11 3:57 PM) Reply
Pretty top. Love your fabric.
JEF said... (10/13/11 9:43 AM) Reply
From the front, I think your top is wonderful. MUCH better looking on you than on the pattern envelope. If the back stays that open when your arms are down, that might need some tinkering but as long as it mostly closes with your arms down, I'd call it a total winner.
Huntwoman said... (10/13/11 8:10 AM) Reply
Not sure why you don't love it, it looks great! I'm looking forward to trying it. Great tips.
Amanda.Claire said... (10/13/11 7:38 AM) Reply
Thanks for your review it was really helpful. I think your top turned out really cute too.
Lori V said... (10/13/11 6:59 AM) Reply