Pattern Reviews> Purrfection> 1007 (Kimono Jacket & Vest)

Reviewed by:ShereeSews

Last Updated:10/5/04 4:28 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

snaffles said... (9/30/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Sheree. Your fabric colors are delicious, but your triangular pocket treatment really makes the jacket. Great design choice!
j222b said... (7/19/06 12:29 PM) Reply
Very nice, I think it would look good longer, too... to your knees or lower...Also I would like to see a close-up of the interesting top stitching...
lornakismet said... (5/16/06 6:19 PM) Reply
I would love to wear this jacket. :-) -LornaKismet (Lorna A.)
Mayleen said... (1/12/06 10:50 AM) Reply
Sheree: I love what you did with the pockets! I hadn't noticed the patch pockets until you pointed it out. I may borrow your idea when I get around to making this pattern, if you don't mind *g* Mayleen
sewywabbit said... (10/8/04 11:06 AM) Reply
Beautiful,you did a terrific job on this. This seems so nice for fall. If Purrfection is at Novi, make sure that you show your jacket to Dana.
JDpenelope said... (10/7/04 5:06 AM) Reply
What a great look. Love the fabric. I agree with your comment about 3/4 length sleeves and am also partial to them.
CarolynGM said... (10/5/04 6:20 PM) Reply
Your jacket is gorgeous. I really like the changes you made to the pattern.
Patti-Jo said... (10/5/04 5:10 PM) Reply
Sheree, Beautiful job on a beautiful jacket! I sew a lot with batiks, and have found almost all of them to be 40-42 inches wide, which could account for the extra yardage needed. I always buy more than I think I need, because I always need more than I think.
ShereeSews said... (10/5/04 4:33 PM) Reply
Irene, if you overlap the fronts, and use a closure the band takes on an angled look. If you let it hang open, then the bands appear to run vertical as the front lays open! One pattern, two looks!
LSBCATS3 said... (10/1/04 5:47 PM) Reply
Truly beautiful!
cmarie12 said... (10/1/04 11:27 AM) Reply
Sheree, Love the jacket! I will have to remember your pocket technique as it is really kewl!
Danvillegirl said... (10/1/04 5:42 AM) Reply
Lovely colors, so vivid. Made up nicely.
mClones said... (9/30/04 10:18 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - really nice pocket redesign. Love the fabric. How does it look on?
Mollykat said... (9/30/04 9:04 PM) Reply
Sheree, I've seen you in this pattern's vest. You are right, it is very flattering! Thanks for the review and the pic of the jacket.
mudcat said... (9/30/04 8:45 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket.
Maria Hatfield said... (9/30/04 4:26 PM) Reply
Sheree, This jacket is Beautiful ! You did a very good job on it. i wish it was mine.
Collette McManus said... (9/30/04 4:14 PM) Reply
Your jacket is truly awesome! I love the details you used...I'll have to "borrow" your great ideas. This is truly wearable! Enjoy it!
SouthernStitch said... (9/30/04 12:34 PM) Reply
This is truly lovely. I love batiks too, but have not been brave enough to sew one up. You have a very unique kimono now!
Gigi Louis said... (9/30/04 12:04 PM) Reply
Sheree, your jacket is stunning! I do love those cotton batiks.
Mary Stiefer said... (9/30/04 8:24 AM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket.
Lilibet said... (9/30/04 3:43 AM) Reply
Fabulous looking jacket and I love the detail you added on the pockets. You obviously have a great colour sense, what are you going to wear on the bottom?
Irene said... (9/30/04 1:59 AM) Reply
Sheree, I'm so excited that you reviewed this! Your jacket is gorgeous. Can't wait to see the vest. (Does it really work as a sleeveless blouse, or do the armholes gape?) The fashion drawings on the envelope show the front overlapping (kimono-style), but the line drawings show the front edges meeting (like your photo). Can you do it either way? BTW, it looks like this is pattern number 1007 on the purrfection.com Web site.
Izzie said... (9/30/04 0:10 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous! I love your fabric choice.
Jennifer shaw said... (9/29/04 11:59 PM) Reply
What a beautiful jacket!! Wow. I bet it is quite stunning on you.
tuolumne said... (9/29/04 11:55 PM) Reply
Bea-uuuutiful! Thank you for sharing this with us!

Simplicity 2025

by: prttynpnk

by: halleyscom...

The City Bag Paper Pattern

The City Bag Paper Pattern

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)

Sew Chic Spin Skirt Pattern (ln1209)