Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 3131 (Bra and Camisole)

Reviewed by:clothingengineer

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10
Posted on:10/26/11 7:24 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
See other patterns in this category: Lingerie

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

JaKira said... (2/21/13 11:19 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review. I ordered the Kwik Sew 3594 earlier today and after reading this review, I'm glad I did.
clothingengineer said... (11/6/11 0:53 AM) Reply
Dale C - The bra is actually just a modified version of the cami shelf bra. It looks like a regular bra, but works like a shelf bra so I don't think there's going to be any advantage in trying to figure out how to incorporate this into the cami.
Dale C said... (11/4/11 4:04 PM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern and am glad I read your review. Being small, it should work out for me, but I would rather not be flattened out any more than I am. I'll think of some kind of adaptation to make it work....Looking forward to seeing how your cami comes out. It's made with a shelf bra, which I don't like. I wonder if it would work using the bra pattern inside instead of the shelf.
Stephanie C. said... (10/30/11 2:01 AM) Reply
I've been waiting for someone to review this and I appreciate your honest insight. Now I'll wait to hear what you have to say about the camisole:)!
clothingengineer said... (10/29/11 7:28 AM) Reply
mary in FL - I'm a 32B and thought this was very lacking in support for anything beyond doing housework. This is really an AA/A cup style pattern. The Lingerie Secrets "Front Closing" Sports Bra by Jan Bones would be a much better choice, particularly if lined with powernet. The Alison sports bra by Pinup Girls would be an even better choice, since it utilizes pre-formed foam cups and I believe you have the option of underwires.
mary in FL said... (10/28/11 9:30 PM) Reply
I'm a 38B, and I wonder if this would make my girls not bounce when I'm on the treadmill at the gym ... ?
squirrellypoo said... (10/27/11 6:42 AM) Reply
Thanks very much for your review, it's extremely helpful! I've got my eye on this pattern for the camisole, and I'm a B cup so I think I'll still give it a try...
Sew4Fun said... (10/27/11 2:36 AM) Reply
Fantastic review! Thanks.
sewing for fun said... (10/26/11 9:38 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for yet another bra review! I have this one in my stash, and I plan on sewing it up with the bra cups attached to a cami bottom to be worn OVER a rigid cup sports bra, because I need more support for large bust. I was also thinking it might make a good swim tankini top or sleep top in cotton or rayon lycra.

More Knits