Online Sewing Class: Pattern Work

Pattern Reviews> KnipMode Magazine> KnipMode, Dec 97, 9 (9 X' AS Jurk)

Reviewed by:Annika

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Vibek said... (10/6/04 11:43 AM) Reply
Hi, Annika, there you are! Nice to see your face. Settled in UK? The dress looks very good. Inspiring. I have one of Els's Knip-mode w/ a hobbled dress as well. That dress has three darts at the hem - (front and back) - but otherwise plain and sleevless. I have the perfect fabric for it in the spring and shall bear in mind that they draft big. The darted version should be easy to draft from your dress. Just another idea. BTW, Anne, you can get a subsciption to Knip Mode or just single issues through some european websites if you're interested.
Annika said... (10/6/04 9:44 AM) Reply
AnneM - I believe you can only get it in Europe. I received a bunch of old KnipModes from Els during our Amsterdam shopping spree this summer. I was instantly taken with the magazines, they're like Burda but I think they are a little bit better...Although I do like Burda - I just found another 6 recent issues at a fabric store the other day and snatched them right up!
AnneM said... (10/5/04 4:14 AM) Reply
Both versions are very nice (just that the 1st one is too big, but still lovely). Your ideas on both versions are great. Where do you get "KnipMode"?
Elemenopeo said... (10/4/04 3:17 PM) Reply
I like the black one too if you can take it in.
Annika said... (10/4/04 10:15 AM) Reply
Lijnda S. - there IS enough walking ease for me. The Sewing Workshop's pattern is a bit smaller at the bottom hem, or so my friend who has made that dress claims, but I still like the hobble skirt look. I guess you just can't sprint to the ATM in this one...
LindaS. said... (10/4/04 10:07 AM) Reply
Very pretty on you. Your first one is pretty, too, although a bit large, as you said. I think I'd attempt to take it in, as Katharine suggested. I've never seen that silhouette made up before. Is there enough walking ease?
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/4/04 8:20 AM) Reply
That turquoise/teal is definitely your color - but you knew that, right? - and I really like the look of a dress on you.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/4/04 4:29 AM) Reply
This turquoise version is lovely on you. It lights up your eyes. Is that cowl neck from your recent KM top? You could probably take in the big black version--I do that with my serger a lot.

StyleArc Nina cardigan