Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3089 (Baby Sleep Sacks)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:10/10/04 11:30 AM

See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes
Deepika said... (10/11/09 3:22 AM) Reply
Katherine thanks! Actually I am thinking of making a few more of these for my brother's baby.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/10/09 11:36 AM) Reply
(And five years later, I still think it's)--awwww! To keep the little one from becoming Chilly Willy (the Penguin). Simply adorable, Deepika.
msbillie said... (10/11/04 10:31 PM) Reply
Very cute!
Deepika said... (10/11/04 4:30 PM) Reply
sewnewtosewing, since I dont have any babies yet, I can't give you any recommendations but based on other reviews of the same pattern here, I thought this medium weight fleece would be ok. To tell you the truth, I just fell in love with the fabric :-) But seriously if you are thinking about making it, just do it. Its so cute and your friends will love it!
KristenI said... (10/11/04 4:23 PM) Reply
Oh so awesome, love it. I am thinking about making this for a couple friends who are expecting in Dec. too. What weight is the embroidered fleece you used? What weight would you recommend?
Deepika said... (10/11/04 2:51 PM) Reply
Hilary, it's actually for my soon to be born nephew. My cousin is having a baby in December. I wasnt sure if the shower is for the mom or the baby to be born, I do now :)
Lou. said... (10/11/04 2:09 PM) Reply
Very cute Deepika!!
cindyann said... (10/11/04 8:02 AM) Reply
Sweet fabric. I'm sure your cousin just loves it.
Hilary said... (10/11/04 7:53 AM) Reply
How CUTE! I love that fabric :o) I need to make some of these too-thanks for the tips, and congratulations to you on your new baby cousin (2nd cousin I think, right? lol) Just in case anyone's wondering the tab is for keeping the zipper pull from flipping up and digging into baby's neck (I have skipped it and found there were red marks all over ds's neck :o() They are a great addition, and make the garment much more comfy for baby.
JDpenelope said... (10/11/04 7:18 AM) Reply
Great job! The fabric couldn't be cuter--no reason to spend any more time than you did picking it out. Your experience matches mine with this pattern, from sewing details to the response of the shower guests! Yes, it's easier the second time, but I was too lazy to add the tab, which is a nice touch.
TanyaMT said... (10/10/04 5:36 PM) Reply
I too loved these when my son was little, but we didn't have any nearly this cute! Great job.
Tini said... (10/10/04 2:18 PM) Reply
very cute. I love to give baby sleeping bags as a gift too and all the moms to be really appreciated it...
PattiK said... (10/10/04 2:18 PM) Reply
Wonderful job and thanks for the review. I have a few friends expecting, guess I need to add this to the list.
edube said... (10/10/04 12:31 PM) Reply
I made a couple of these for the birth of my dgd last year. My dd and I have had a discussion as to whether the tab is really necessary, since they didn't have those on clothes when my kids were little, but my daughter insisted that it was for the best :)). Very cute!
Deepika said... (10/10/04 12:12 PM) Reply
Hi Katharine, I'd say with cutting and everything it took me 2 hours. But I bet I can make it much quicker the next time.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/10/04 11:47 AM) Reply
Adorable! How long did it take you to do?

Chloe Handbag Paper Pattern