Pattern Reviews> Drafted from RTW> basic panty

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

renren said... (8/2/12 0:19 AM) Reply
Finally, finally, I'm getting ready to copy a rtw panty from VS and I've reread loti's instructions and your review. I do believe I can do this! Thanks for the helpful review and photos.
mssewcrazy said... (11/29/11 7:49 AM) Reply
I plan to spend some time on the link to the sew a long you linked to after the holidays or when shut in during a winter weather episode as I somehow stopped reading after a couple of pages. I liked your tips for cleaning up a borrowed rtw pattern. After something is worn a lot or is perhaps cut off grain to save fabric I can see that will always need doing. I was always too rigid tracing and I can now see that left and right traces of a piece will probably always need to be corrected or averaged out. I am getting a lot more relaxed about taking the drawing pencil to a pattern than I was for many years. I have taken to flat measuring rtw to make patterns work better but think after reading this I will "borrow"more rtw patterns from things I like a lot.
pdiddly said... (11/27/11 5:33 AM) Reply
well done, cute. I too am now making my own panties, but I have been using a kwick sew pattern which I love and probably won't go back to RTW now as these are so quick to make up I always make a few pairs at once.
Margaret said... (11/27/11 4:32 AM) Reply
Thanks! mssewcrazy, these actually have three pieces, but a lot of RTW has only two (and it would be easy enough to change this pattern to two, because of the straight seams). I think it's probably a tiny bit easier to trace off a pair with 3 pieces, but over on the boards it also shows how to handle it when there are only 2.
jannw said... (11/26/11 4:51 PM) Reply
great looking panties!
mssewcrazy said... (11/26/11 7:33 AM) Reply
I looked at the album and was surprised that these only have two pieces since the crotch area was cut onto the front. Talk about fast easy sewing now that you have a pattern that fits and you can sew from better fabric,that's a win win. Factory patterns are so different from how we sew at home. I've refused to bother with undies except for a few times but I am thinking every time I pay for the daughters' panties at VS, I need to borrow that pattern from a pair they like. I have a feeling you will be making more of these than you have planned when you wear the nicer fabric and fit.
S I G R I D said... (11/25/11 11:38 PM) Reply
they look great !
FreyaStark said... (11/25/11 4:27 PM) Reply
They're cute.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (11/25/11 1:33 PM) Reply
Really NEAT!! (Yup, they're cheap in stores, but don't FIT, eh :(... ) Matched lingerie is oh, la-la ;D

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2008-108