Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 12-2011-116 (Fur Coat)

Reviewed by:becca a

About becca astarstar
United States
Member since: 11/6/04
Posted on:12/1/11 9:46 PM

inkstain said... (4/26/12 2:03 AM) Reply
Enjoy your posts and I now realize you and I are the only ones tackling the Narnia fur coat. I recall being worried by your experience and overall I'm happier with it, but grateful you pioneered ahead! Chanel No.6
Mich23 said... (12/4/11 6:23 PM) Reply
Maybe you could rework it into the smaller jacket they have as the extra sewing course one? I'm planning to do that one for the very reason that I'm a short person and reckon it's a more flattering length/shape. Good to know the instructions are ok for Burda Style too!
Nancywin said... (12/3/11 10:41 AM) Reply
I love your fur coat! Too bad DD won't wear it. (My DD is the same way.) The fur fabric looks fabulous too.
Silknmore said... (12/3/11 8:11 AM) Reply
I'm so sad that you don't like it as it's so beautiful. Absolutely love the lining.
starryfish said... (12/2/11 10:50 AM) Reply
I think Burda design clothes for Valkyries! Or at least tall women with broad shoulders. Why do so many of their garments have no side shaping? You did a great job, such a pity you don't like it.
pdiddly said... (12/2/11 4:19 AM) Reply
what a shame you don't like it - mind you, we have all been down that road
mastdenman said... (12/1/11 11:35 PM) Reply
You look great in the coat. Coats aren't meant to be fitted garments. But if you feel that uncomfortable, try putting it into the closet for a while and then try it again.
Aixoise said... (12/1/11 10:13 PM) Reply
I, too, think it looks great - like a 40s topper coat. Put it away for a while. Get all dressed up - makeup and hot shoes, too - and try it on again. You might just change your mind!
marykpfist said... (12/1/11 10:05 PM) Reply
What a disappointment! You did a wonderful job. I'm so sorry it didn't live up to your expectations.
Donna Likes Golf said... (12/1/11 9:50 PM) Reply
I think this looks great with the belt on your DD. The lining is gorgeous - love the pop of color. So sorry it didn't work for you, but it looks like a nice warm coat. You did a nice job regardless!
redrockcity said... (11/29/11 4:39 PM) Reply
Being on the "wrong" side of 5'3 myself I feel your pain!! I too have fallen hopelessly in love with a Burda image only to find out too late it was totally wrong for my build!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS