Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5007 (gore skirt)

Reviewed by:Rhonda Noah

About Rhonda Noahstarstarstar
United States
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:10/17/04 9:48 AM
Last Updated:12/4/04 10:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

strongnow said... (11/4/09 8:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for all of this information. It has really helped me. The Loes Hinse patterns seem to sew up into elegant garments (or at least all that I have seen so far) that look even better than the pictures on the patterns. But as I am at best an advanced beginner, I think I will wait until I have had a little more experience before tackling one. Again, sincere thanks for all the detail you have provided about this pattern.
strongnow said... (11/4/09 8:43 AM) Reply
Tini said... (12/6/04 3:36 AM) Reply
Lost a few pounds? Where? At the toenails? You were already such a slim & stylish woman, when we met in Amsterdam :) I really like the skirt, you must look gorgeous in it! As for the darkness: That happens to my pictures all the time. I have a program, with which I can lighten the pictures up. It came with my scanner. Maybe you have one on your PC too?
Rhonda Noah said... (12/5/04 11:04 AM) Reply
Oh, I wish I could claim making the jacket! It's actually a wool tweed and was originally $178 at Talbots. Too much for me, but then I spotted it at the outlet store for about $60-70. It fits beautifully for RTW. If I'm ever ambitious enough I may try to make a pattern from it.
AnneM said... (12/5/04 9:48 AM) Reply
Good review; glad to hear it worked well for you. More than four inches of shortening - I'll have to keep that in mind! I've been toying with the idea of getting this pattern, but I have to use more of my current stash before I can justify it.
Marita Kinnula said... (12/5/04 1:14 AM) Reply
Hi Rhonda, no suprises here, you are marvelous. What ever you do, it always turns out fine as this one too. I'm with Catherine about the jacket, looks like leather. have you made that one too?
Towanda said... (12/4/04 10:39 PM) Reply
Love the skirt, this is one of my favorite skirt patterns.
CatherineN said... (12/4/04 10:16 PM) Reply
A lovely graceful skirt! That peek of a jacket looks interesting too.

Paradiso Designs Kimono Jacket Formula Pattern