Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> 0003 (Sorbetto)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01

Best Patterns of 2011
Posted on:12/13/11 2:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
sfmaestra said... (1/31/12 3:58 PM) Reply
Deepika, could you explain what "adding a horizontal dart" in the back means? Did you just fold out an inch horizontally at the waist? I don't know too much about this (as you can tell). Thanks, Jody
Deepika said... (1/20/12 8:55 AM) Reply
Guys, I've gotten so much wear out of this top already. Whenever I am going out for dinner, this is the first top I reach for.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/20/12 1:51 AM) Reply
Thanks for the great review. I am just making this pattern and have been trying to decide if I need to lengthen it. I am pretty similar in height to you so thanks for the heads-up! Your top is very pretty!
Nancywin said... (12/16/11 8:50 PM) Reply
Very Pretty! I'm looking forward to making this myself.
Karen6790 said... (12/14/11 11:35 PM) Reply
Same issue here with the darts, but it's a great little pattern all the same - and we all have those random 1 yard cuts of fabric hanging around. Your charmeuse is beautiful, and I love the top on you.
jenleeC said... (12/14/11 8:17 PM) Reply
OK, so I have now downloaded my first pattern! I have been seeing lots of great versions of this pattern on PR. Yours looks fab and was the final inspiration I needed! Thanks for the review!
Dale C said... (12/14/11 12:46 PM) Reply
That's a cute top. I'm seen several reviews of this top now and like you, I hate taping up downloaded patters. I'm going to have to give it a try.
newmama said... (12/14/11 6:43 AM) Reply
Love your version Deepika. The fabric is really pretty.
Judy Kski said... (12/14/11 1:23 AM) Reply
The top looks great on you. Love the print.
margk said... (12/14/11 0:28 AM) Reply
Love the fabric - looks great!
michellep74 said... (12/13/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Great-looking top!
S I G R I D said... (12/13/11 5:58 PM) Reply
Nice! I made the same dart adjustments to mine.
marec said... (12/13/11 5:41 PM) Reply
Cute sorbetto and your first download! Now you are hooked Deepika. I love the print you chose. The darts were too long for me also.
toile away said... (12/13/11 3:52 PM) Reply
Thanks! Colette's Sorbetto really caught my eye in the Best Patterns nominees, but its 25 pages- wow! You've convinced me to try a downloadable pattern.
JEF said... (12/13/11 2:34 PM) Reply
Very cute! I can see what you say about the darts being a little long but they don't look too high to me. Lovely job.

Sewing Workshop Ann's Cardigan & Tank