Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 2001 (Jeans)

Reviewed by:galadriel45

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Home Sewing Depot

Home Dec Sewing Supplies

GoSewGirl said... (1/3/12 1:04 PM) Reply
Ugh. How disappointing! I have this pattern too and was so hopeful! I did send a question to HP regarding the size chart and got the response that the waist measurement on the chart refers to a point not where the jeans actually sit - sort of like women's pants, I guess. My husband's waist is the same size at his *natural* waist as it is at the high hip where his jeans sit. There is no difference for him, and I suspect not much of a different for most men. I will try a tissue fit at least, but I'm not expecting too much. I do appreciate your review.
Chris Kelly said... (12/15/11 0:09 AM) Reply
I'm working on the pattern right now for my son, so far no problems, I'll post when done.
Ericaeli said... (12/14/11 3:59 PM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I also pre-ordered this pattern, but I am no longer planning to make it. I have made the Kwik Sew jeans pattern for my husband, and they fit him well, so I will stick with those.
allycovey said... (12/14/11 3:11 PM) Reply
I have posted enough about these, but I have made every pair of pants DH wears and I couldn't make these work.
becca a said... (12/14/11 8:16 AM) Reply
This is a really frustrating pattern. The crotch curve is way off. I don't think they did enough work developing a pattern that would fit a wide variety of body shapes--just Jeremy. The way the pattern is printed may even be wrong for him. It is a shame that they didn't get their first men's pattern right.
fourkid said... (12/14/11 8:04 AM) Reply
I pre-ordered the pattern - and really wanted them to work, but I am not finding anyone that has successfully made them (still hoping there is some magic bullet out there that will identify the issue) But the problems actually begin with the measurments on the envelope. I asked HP about that, but they seemed to think it was correct - but the measurements seem off from the size. For example, for size 34 they list 28 1/2" waist and a 40 1/2" hip. I can't put my finger on it, but something seems off. My son needs a lot of work jeans and is a really hard to find size (very tall and thin), I was hoping to sew him a lot of these - I may still give it a whirl during the jeans contest to see if I can make it work for him - will review it then.
Huntwoman said... (12/14/11 6:16 AM) Reply
I can't say that I would ever want to make jeans as the rtw are so easy to find. Good to know making them is no improvement, especially for men.

by: yummymummy...