Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4356 (Jackets)

Reviewed by:Mahogany Stylist

About Mahogany Styliststarstarstarstar
IL USA
Member since: 6/26/07
Posted on:12/17/11 3:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
Mahogany Stylist said... (12/29/11 2:05 PM) Reply
Hi Craftylady66 - I didn't make the conventional buttonholes. I cut a strip of the fabric; then cut away most of the shearling to reduce the bulk. Next I cut rectangles 1" X 2" to reinforce where the buttonhole would be sewn. The rectangles were positioned on the wrong side; then I sew them to the coat making a rectangle that I made a slit in for the buttonhole. See pictures of them on Flickr. Thanks for asking. Cennetta
craftylady66 said... (12/28/11 10:51 PM) Reply
Looks amazing! How exactly did you make the buttonholes?
Mahogany Stylist said... (12/21/11 4:32 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your wonderful compliments.
VirginiasDghter said... (12/20/11 6:25 PM) Reply
Very nice C! I have been looking at these coats in the stores.....since I've had no time to sew lately and let me just say....you've nailed it! Love it! Nice work!
pdiddly said... (12/19/11 6:09 PM) Reply
Not sure there is room for many more compliments, but here is my one - Beautiful
PattyE said... (12/18/11 11:43 PM) Reply
A faux sherling coat is on my list of things to make. Yours is fab and I enjoyed your review.
Terri A said... (12/18/11 11:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! I really want this - OK... and your hat :-)
RadarRadiance said... (12/18/11 8:27 PM) Reply
Looks very stylish on you, great fit and fashion forward. Very sharp.
solosmocker said... (12/18/11 12:57 PM) Reply
Gorgeous coat and it looks so good on you!
cleverkitty said... (12/18/11 11:46 AM) Reply
this looks so fantastic, expensive and impressive...
Barbara V said... (12/18/11 11:32 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! Your workmanship and fitting are perfect. Thanks for your review. Gives me motivation for the pieces in my stash!
anika said... (12/18/11 9:59 AM) Reply
Great coat! I always love to see what is coming out of your machine.
Tarrbaby said... (12/18/11 9:01 AM) Reply
FABULOUS!!! Love this look,you rock it.
Huntwoman said... (12/18/11 5:56 AM) Reply
GORGEOUS!
sewmytime said... (12/18/11 5:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat! Awesome workmanship as always, simply outstanding!
SewWil said... (12/18/11 1:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous coat! It looks great on you. You did a wonderful job on this. Thanks for the detailed review.
cmcarr said... (12/18/11 0:01 AM) Reply
Very, very nice.
marec said... (12/17/11 8:57 PM) Reply
I loved reading about this coat, and looking through your Flickr album. The coat looks so warm, and stylish. The fit is great too...I hadn't thought about the fact that this fabric has no give. Your fitting looks terrific, and you are glowing in these shots.
Annette1 said... (12/17/11 5:56 PM) Reply
Well, AS USUAL, you are just PRETTY AS A PICTURE and SO STYLISH with your new coat, boots and hat -- the whole outfit! You've made this pattern MOST DESIRABLE, whereas I've overlooked it many times before. :o) I even HAVE this pattern, but I bought it for the vest and overlooked the coat completely. I also REALLY like your fabric. Seems like so many of the "fauxs" look cheap to me, but THIS one looks SO NICE! Great job, as always. :o)
Aixoise said... (12/17/11 4:59 PM) Reply
No wonder you love it. It looks great! And warm. Thanks for the construction tips; I've never used shearling but have some in stash. Your ideas will help.

Bluegingerdoll Odette Dress Paper Pattern