Brother
Brother

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1247 (Misses' Top and Skirt)

Reviewed by:Patti B

Review Rating:
Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
cmarie12 said... (12/26/11 10:12 PM) Reply
What a wonderful version of this skirt! I love how you used the plaids and I will remember this for one of my future versions.
Patti B said... (12/19/11 10:10 AM) Reply
Joanne, I'd rather sew than write cards -- although I love to receive them. ;-) FranG, you are right; the elastic is for a little extra 'snug.' I folded the ends under when I attached it at the waist; the topstitching once it was turned down keeps it flat.
Fran G said... (12/19/11 8:17 AM) Reply
Such a cute skirt! I like your use of the elastic in the waistband. So..you made the skirt and used twill tape under the lining and at that point it looked finished. You then added the elastic. The skirt has a zipper. The purpose of the elastic is to give it just a bit more "snug"? And did you simply turn under the ends of the elastic at the zipper? You always write new (to me) and interesting techniques!
Danvillegirl said... (12/19/11 6:49 AM) Reply
I like this skirt and the use of plaids makes it very unique. Great job on matching the plaids.
JDpenelope said... (12/19/11 6:42 AM) Reply
Great skirt for your lucky girl. Was making the skirt better than writing your holiday cards? Bet your daughter thinks so. I always learn something from your reviews and your beautiful finishing touches.
renren said... (12/19/11 1:50 AM) Reply
Wow, that is a beautiful skirt! Lucky daughter! The fabric is sumptuous, the lining with lace is a nice touch, and that bias yoke adds some interest. Good ol' Vogue 1247 looks good yet again!
Terri A said... (12/18/11 11:12 PM) Reply
Pretty skirt. I like your beautiful finishing.

Understanding Knit Fabrics