Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Posted on:1/6/12 9:37 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
SewWil said... (1/8/12 9:43 PM) Reply
Sorry this one did not work out for you. It looks great and as always you did beautiful work.
jenleeC said... (1/7/12 3:34 AM) Reply
The basic shape of this dress is good and worth trying to rescue! I would chop it a bit shorter and wear it with an obi belt, dark tights and boots. You could add a triangle wedge at the side seams for a bit more 'breathing' space. If you top stitched this it would become a "design feature"!
Laurie Lou said... (1/6/12 4:20 PM) Reply
Yikes! Thank goodness I saw this! I already cut it out...(Last night) and I went down a size after reading the finished measurements on the pattern!!! What is interesting I cut out a very similar fabric and color to boot! I haven't had much luck posting reviews but will let you know how I make out on this. Now I will sew 3/8" seams for sure! Loved your blog!
cleverkitty said... (1/6/12 2:08 PM) Reply
it most likely was the fabric, cotton jersey does not stretch that much. You look terrific!!!!
homejewel said... (1/6/12 1:42 PM) Reply
I agree with ArtAttack - Maybe add a little more to the seam allowances or go up a size and try it again - especially since you've done so much work with it already. Also, I'm wondering if you your knit had enough stretch? I've made the dress and top (all on the same review here) and had very positive results. There are a lot of possibilities with this pattern.
ArtAttack said... (1/6/12 10:53 AM) Reply
Don't give up on this one! I love it...your blog post was a hoot!
nicegirl said... (1/6/12 9:51 AM) Reply
Too bad it didn't work out--I like the look with the gathered neckline. You did a nice job binding it.

by: heathergwo