Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:JDpenelope

About JDpenelopestarstarstar
Member since: 9/9/03

Best Patterns of 2015
Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:1/8/12 1:26 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants

Other Projects by JDpenelope using this Pattern

Elizabeth made this said... (1/14/12 9:21 AM) Reply
The back pockets look great! I'm looking forward to your jeans for the contest. Keep up the good work.
JDpenelope said... (1/9/12 8:01 PM) Reply
There's more I could say about this attempt, but a girl can only cover so much ground in a muslin review. allycovey mentioned how difficult it would be to fit someone who's not here. I can't even fit myself and I'm always here. But her point, and those of others, isn't lost on me. I may end up just making a pair for myself. Thanks again, everyone.
allycovey said... (1/9/12 3:37 PM) Reply
eyp I found several things I didn't like about this pattern but overall it is really great. You did a fantastic job on them. Making for someone else who is not there can be a challenge!!
Symon said... (1/9/12 3:19 PM) Reply
Your jeans look fantastic! I've added this pattern to my wish list for when I get the guts to finally try making a pair! LOL
Levone said... (1/9/12 9:27 AM) Reply
These are great looking jeans for a trial run. I definitely need to order this pattern.
JDpenelope said... (1/8/12 8:42 PM) Reply
Patti B Take a deep breath and hold it! By the way, I have iPad envy. Thanks, everyone, for the feedback.
treefrog said... (1/8/12 7:34 PM) Reply
Well done. I can't wait to see the final pair of jeans. The topstitching on the back pocket is excellent. Hope you get good news with the fit.
Patti B said... (1/8/12 7:09 PM) Reply
Hiccup #2.
Patti B said... (1/8/12 7:08 PM) Reply
iPad hiccup -- sorry!
Patti B said... (1/8/12 7:08 PM) Reply
Great muslin, Joanne. I see a future of sewing jeans for your DGD. I am glad to hear that Lura's is still around.
Raye Ann said... (1/8/12 3:45 PM) Reply
Great looking muslin! I agree, ir was freeing to know this first run was just to learn on:) I have a second pair cut out to muslin....want to try a smaller size and perhaps a contoured band this time. I also straightened the leg for version 2.
katlew03 said... (1/8/12 3:26 PM) Reply
I agree with cleverkitty about using two threads instead of topstitching thread. My machine handles it much better. Just finished altering 6 pair of corduroy jeans for DD and found two threads so much easier and neater looking. Also don't get the skipped stitches that occur with the heavier thread.
cleverkitty said... (1/8/12 2:43 PM) Reply
I made these several times, low rise, regular, three different sizes and as long shorts too, I love this pattern. I too needed to find the perfect fit maybe the wine is the secret. I do keep improving them. Your pair looks real nice even as a muslin and I commend you for all your reading up on making jeans with the jeans sew along, I tend to read after the fact.. Using two threads threaded the same path into the same needle works real good for me getting a thicker thread look. Good Luck on the jean contest...

Beyond the BoatNeck