Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4940 (Lord of the Rings)

Reviewed by:Annika

About Annikastar
WA USA
Member since: 11/14/03
Posted on:10/25/04 11:54 PM
Last Updated:11/2/04 0:19 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 6 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Hooptastic said... (12/28/07 1:17 AM) Reply
Great review and good job! I too have been pleasantly suprised with Simplicity lately...and frankly I'm now a fan. Haven't had much of a problem with their patterns this year!
Cristina_TC said... (6/13/07 6:39 AM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL!!!
Jennifer shaw said... (11/4/04 1:03 AM) Reply
What a fantastic dress! It is dazzling on you. That's amazing that you were able to find the fabrics at Walmart.
Asa Hagstrom said... (11/1/04 3:05 PM) Reply
Great new pictures! I love your necklace- you made it yourself, didn't you?
Oopsy-Daisy! said... (11/1/04 12:18 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!
Annika said... (10/31/04 10:48 PM) Reply
Katherine - Last night (Saturday) I went to a party given by friends from the theatre - most of the people there were local actors and directors. Thanks for the lovely comments y'all!
Katharine in BXL said... (10/31/04 10:00 PM) Reply
Annika, what did you do on Hallowe'en? Did you win any costume prizes?
els said... (10/31/04 6:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for adding the new pictures with make-up and ears. You look stunning and whow, what an eyelashes.
Ligeia said... (10/28/04 6:17 AM) Reply
This is lovely, what a beautiful colour. I was going to sew this too sometime *g* as I have the pattern in my stash and now I am inspired to give it a go knowing (your) end result looks so good!
Susan R said... (10/26/04 7:24 PM) Reply
Very, very cool, Annika! (as expected)
Asa Hagstrom said... (10/26/04 6:01 PM) Reply
Fantastic costume, Annika! Do take a picture when you have the elf ears on,please? I really like your new "by-line" picture, too.
MariaDenmark said... (10/26/04 11:20 AM) Reply
WOW!!!! Annika - you look stunning! That is a great outfit - I would love to see a picture with the elf-ears!
rosewood39 said... (10/26/04 9:03 AM) Reply
the dress looks great, good job and thanks for the review!
Yestersew said... (10/26/04 8:31 AM) Reply
Love the color of your dress. I just finished this pattern in gold liquid lame with a black velveteen vest. Spectacular. I found some directions confusing as well-Instructions for one view would give results for another. It all worked out in the end.
Katharine in BXL said... (10/26/04 6:58 AM) Reply
Annika, you look stunning! You're absolutely right, this would be gorgeous in another version with Celtic embroidery. I hadn't realized how versatile this pattern is.
CarolynGM said... (10/26/04 6:31 AM) Reply
Great costume. Sounds like you had nearly as much fun making it as you will have wearing it! I think I need to visit the Wal-Mart sale table more often.
Tini said... (10/26/04 6:17 AM) Reply
WOHOHOHOOWWW!!! Great Great great costume & great wig :) Love it! I have this pattern too but I'm trying to sew mainly from my stash at the moment and I don't have a suitable one for a costume like that but I will sew this one up in 2005! I really like your new picture too!
els said... (10/26/04 5:35 AM) Reply
Annika, great costume and what a luck to find such fabric so cheap.The colors are very pretty on you, hope to see a picture with all the works like elf ears and make up. Btw I like your new hairdo nice picture. Like your new picture
Diana M said... (10/26/04 0:47 AM) Reply
Wonderful costume that sounds versatile for you! How fun -- and I love your belt and necklace with it.
Evatgirl73 said... (10/26/04 0:12 AM) Reply
The dress looks GREAT on you, beautiful colors!! Great finds on the fabrics too, gotta love that..!

Sewing Workshop Quincy Top and Pants