Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2599 (Misses Tops With Trim Variation: Separate Patterns For B,C,D)

Reviewed by:Anne Cherry

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people

Swim Style Patterns

Swimwear Gymwear Patterns

Anne Cherry said... (1/10/12 5:59 AM) Reply
Thanks Red Dragon & Sharonspils! The gingham is a light poly-georgette-ish fabric - as light and airy as the fine black cotton - so the ruffles (I had 'swirls' stuck in my brain last night!) are quite light and bouncy.Below-bust darts and side zip are great ideas for next time, Sharon. I think I'll try a few small darts in the back neck to see if that reduces shoulder width without looking too gerry-rigged....if it does, I will always wear it with a cardi, as suggested by Lori!
Sharonspils said... (1/9/12 8:40 PM) Reply
Love the ruffle contrast and even though I'm not that large, with a woven that is boxy I will add fitting darts below the bust and put in a side zip.
Red Dragon said... (1/9/12 4:38 PM) Reply
I love the gingam ruffles, they make a great contrast
Anne Cherry said... (1/9/12 4:35 PM) Reply
Thanks Lori & Lynelle. Tried both tips...and it works much better!
Lynnelle said... (1/9/12 7:12 AM) Reply
I agree with you on the flounce-big bust issue. I made a second version of this top with the ruffles and the top made me look as if I had a mane. Needless to say, I didn't finish it. I think the ruffles have potential if a much lighter fabric is used, such as a thin mesh knit. I made the view that has the tiered ruffles and it's much more forgiving on a large chest. To prevent the boxy look, I always wear the top belted.
Lori V said... (1/9/12 6:55 AM) Reply
I do like your top, too. Maybe a cardigan sweater will make the top look entirely different.

Kwik Sew 3559