Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> AB036BI (Birdie Sling)

Reviewed by:rooskie

About rooskie
WA USA
Member since: 9/29/06
Posted on:1/12/12 3:59 PM

Celticstitcher said... (1/15/12 12:55 PM) Reply
thanks for a great review, I get very frustrated having to buy patterns for bags and if I'm paying all that money for a designer's name I would expect an ecxellent product - I'll be very careful which patterns I buy. Your bag is beautifully made - good job
CraftAddict said... (1/13/12 2:05 PM) Reply
I have made several of these bags and I must say that my biggest frustration was the amount of fabric wasted. But I keep all of my scraps and do have some scrap buster projects in mind. The woven interfacing results in a great looking bag but it does add quite a bit to the cost of the bag. What I've started doing is using the woven on the outside and using a less expensive alternative for the lining. I do this with any bag that I make. I also ended up making photo copies of some of the pattern pieces because unpinning to make multiples of the same pattern piece was very tedious and got old very quick. Great bag though! I hope you'll use it again so you feel like you've gotten your money's worth.
heathergwo said... (1/13/12 12:43 PM) Reply
Very pretty! Thanks for the heads up! I recently bought and made an AB purse pattern and I was not thrilled with her pattern (on heavy duty regular paper!) and instructions... not enough pictures.
KarenTeel said... (1/13/12 9:31 AM) Reply
Ouch on the cost! You did end up with a very pretty bag. I really like the looks of it and you did a great job. No fusibles huh? I will look into the muslin.
rooskie said... (1/12/12 8:10 PM) Reply
Thanks for the compliment! Yes, it is a cute bag. Makes it more frustrating, because I'd love to be able to recommend this pattern. I just have too many issues with it.
marec said... (1/12/12 7:20 PM) Reply
There are lots of bag patterns out there, and I think you are right that this pattern should be better...considering the cost. It is a really cute bag though! I love the fabric you used and the closure.

by: 10SeventyT...