Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1277 (Misses Reversible Jacket)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:1/14/12 8:48 PM
Last Updated:1/14/12 10:25 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Athene said... (4/20/12 3:17 AM) Reply
A beautiful coat and your review and photos are so helpful.
whistlin dixie said... (1/17/12 11:13 PM) Reply
Stunning, as I knew it would be. Thanks for sharing your process!
AnastasiaJ said... (1/17/12 7:50 AM) Reply
Wow it really turned out great! I will be adding this to my must make list. Good review.
sfshaza said... (1/17/12 5:47 AM) Reply
Your Koos is so gorgeous, Jillian! You did an amazing job of choosing fabrics - they are so rich and chic together. The problems you had are completely invisible in the pictures. Wear it with pride!
SusiM said... (1/17/12 0:40 AM) Reply
Lovely! Same rave as everyone else. Thank you for such a thorough and very helpful review.
papago said... (1/15/12 9:50 PM) Reply
Love it, Love it, Love it!!!
JillyBe said... (1/15/12 1:56 PM) Reply
Thank you SO much, everyone, for all the smile-inducing comments. :) :) It means a lot, especially coming from so many talented sewists! Nancy the fleece version is no where near finished yet (I edited the review to clarify that), but I will review it when I'm done.
SewWil said... (1/15/12 1:46 PM) Reply
Wow! This truly is a work of art. I love everything about your jacket. Great job!
Pam~Off The Cuff~ said... (1/15/12 11:42 AM) Reply
amazing!
marec said... (1/15/12 11:09 AM) Reply
Though I have commented on your blog, I wanted to come back here and add to the chorus of "Wow, amazing coat" And to say the fabrics are such a focus in this treatment and so very "you". I love this jacket on you JillyBe.
VivianZ said... (1/15/12 10:51 AM) Reply
OMG! This is a beautiful coat, truly a piece of art. Thanks for sharing and reviewing.
NJcowgirl said... (1/15/12 10:19 AM) Reply
Great review and an AWESOME coat! Thank you for all your comments. Your coat is truly one-of-a-kind.
redside said... (1/15/12 10:01 AM) Reply
What an inspiration!
mochimo said... (1/15/12 9:24 AM) Reply
Wow! It is gorgeous!
Avril said... (1/15/12 8:34 AM) Reply
Very nicely done!
vacarisella said... (1/15/12 7:41 AM) Reply
Smashing! Your fabric choices gorgeous!
prttynpnk said... (1/15/12 7:26 AM) Reply
Sewing as art- just lovely.
lamstu said... (1/15/12 4:54 AM) Reply
Great review and a great coat as well. Makes me wish that I like wearing a swing coat, then I would totally go for it based on your gorgeous result.
Sharonspils said... (1/15/12 4:42 AM) Reply
Stunning.
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/15/12 3:34 AM) Reply
iPad wont size a box to let me edit my typng slip up / stall at my ending remarks. Fleece version is equally fab!
Nancy Rhodes said... (1/15/12 3:31 AM) Reply
Love your coat.. I really ddisliked the Koos dressyou made reference to in yiur blog, which probably tarnished the coat "look" for me any time I saw it in the Vogue pattern book. Your coat is jst plain inspiring.. That pattern with exposure like your post here, will undoubtedly join the ranks of that Miyake coat that is also a timeless artful treasure. I *must* have this pattern! Thanks! Did I miss a review of your fleece version? Great result too... And so toally
pdiddly said... (1/15/12 3:21 AM) Reply
Wow beautiful I would love to try one will check out your blog
cmarie12 said... (1/15/12 1:18 AM) Reply
This is stunning and a beautiful work of art. I know it was alot of work but your finished garment is well worth it!
mm said... (1/15/12 0:41 AM) Reply
What a wonderful coat. I love your choice of fabric. I want one!
MaryDB said... (1/15/12 0:25 AM) Reply
Oh my gosh. That jacket is just fab.u.lous. Wonderful work. I'm in awe.
Sue Parrott said... (1/14/12 11:50 PM) Reply
Wow is that gorgeous! I have looked at this pattern several times and shy away from it but I love your version! I will have to purchase it! So well done!
JillyBe said... (1/14/12 11:47 PM) Reply
Thank you for the lovely comments everyone :) Jenlee I really think this jacket would be lovely using lightweight, drapey fabrics - it could fit into almost any climate, really.
marieds said... (1/14/12 11:36 PM) Reply
What a lovely jacket! So unique!
jenleeC said... (1/14/12 10:53 PM) Reply
Fantastic! I particularly love the back view. Perth does not really have the climate for such a jacket so I will have to admire from a far!
sew2little said... (1/14/12 10:51 PM) Reply
Magnificent!
Elemenopeo said... (1/14/12 10:44 PM) Reply
very classy and fun
Sherril Miller said... (1/14/12 10:00 PM) Reply
I just love this jacket. I wonder if I could be up for making this. Your very helpful review and blog entries will be required reading if I do decide to make it. Your coat turned out beautifully!
MNBarb said... (1/14/12 9:32 PM) Reply
What a work of art. Chosing the fabric is the most important and challenging part of this jacket's success but your construction is also PERFECT!
RadarRadiance said... (1/14/12 8:55 PM) Reply
Just beautful, love the wool blends and color choices you used. Agree, love the piping when you laid it down. Very cool and original!

Understanding Interfacings