Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> Combo (PatternMorph Exercise)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:10/30/04 3:21 PM
Lisa Laree said... (11/1/04 1:13 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Tee Jay, that's the wonky root-- it's cheap fabric! I'm thinking a nice silk noil would be just about right for this! Next time.... ;)
Tee Jay said... (10/31/04 7:30 AM) Reply
Such a cool idea. Thanks. And it seems that most of the time my cheap fabrics act just like cheap fabrics-wonkiness and all, but I need them for muslins.
Karla Kizer said... (10/31/04 7:03 AM) Reply
I see nothing "wonky" about your skirt. It looks wonderful, and I'm betting that you'll wear it to death. You did a fantastic job of explaining how you did it, too.
Liana said... (10/30/04 11:22 PM) Reply
Really nice looking skirt! I may try something similar. That vent looks so great on the side.
Diana M said... (10/30/04 10:07 PM) Reply
Very nice review of a job well done - with terrific results!
Danvillegirl said... (10/30/04 7:20 PM) Reply
Great review. Great idea of overlaying patterns to come up with a very nice looking skirt. Very inspiring.
Patti B said... (10/30/04 6:15 PM) Reply
Good morphing, Lisa! I've thought of using Louise Cutting's elephant ear pocket from her one seam pants in the Brussels skirt, putting the seam in CF with a slit... maybe I should move that up on the 'to do' list.
Mini said... (10/30/04 5:11 PM) Reply
That's brilliant. You have given us all some good ideas. I think I'll try putting the back seam from the Brussells Skirt at the side, and inserting a pocket from my favorite Stretch and Sew pattern in the seam, which I would not have thought of if I hadn't seen this. Thanks!
joan said... (10/30/04 4:39 PM) Reply
Very nice! I betcha' Loes would be pleased to know her patterns are being used in such creative ways.
PegL said... (10/30/04 4:01 PM) Reply
Great looking skirt! What an ingenious idea using a combination of all those patterns! Fantastic idea!

Burda 7149

by: SewLibra

SewBaby More Animal Wrappers Pattern

SewBaby More Animal Wrappers Pattern

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

by: adidas