Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1175 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:gabc

About gabcstar
NSW Australia
Member since: 4/1/09
Posted on:1/28/12 0:06 AM
gabc said... (1/31/13 8:08 PM) Reply
Thank you again - and miausiau, I'll look forward to seeing yours now!
miausiau said... (8/12/12 10:55 PM) Reply
I am built like you and your review "made me do it!" I used a linen as well and only lined the bodice and front panel. It is flattering and very unusual, and thanks for the ideas.
QueenZ said... (3/22/12 7:10 AM) Reply
Nice job!
MareeAlison said... (2/21/12 1:05 AM) Reply
Fantastic.
JETrinity said... (2/6/12 12:42 PM) Reply
You did a great job of stepping up this pattern. It is so much better than the pattern picture.
ChristmasHills said... (2/3/12 10:18 PM) Reply
I have only just caught up with this review but wanted to add my comments which are much the same as everyone else's. I love it on you. I would never have chosen to make this from the Vogue pattern envelope but your version is so cool looking (in both senses of the word). I want one just like it.
gabc said... (1/29/12 9:41 PM) Reply
Thank you all so much for your lovely comments - I'm feeling a bit embarrassed now!
becca a said... (1/29/12 3:44 PM) Reply
Thank you for reviewing this pattern. Looking at the pattern drawing and model picture it didn't attract me, but on you it is lovely. Great idea to use different fabrics.
Fran G said... (1/29/12 8:43 AM) Reply
Perfect style for you!
StarrSews said... (1/29/12 0:17 AM) Reply
So different. Looks great on you.
lamstu said... (1/29/12 0:01 AM) Reply
I never liked this pattern before, but your changes - the contrasting fabrics and elimination of the pouf at the hem - have made a wearable and very fun dress!
karen n said... (1/28/12 3:15 PM) Reply
I've admired this pattern for a while. Informative to see a casual take on it.
Levone said... (1/28/12 2:00 PM) Reply
I like both of your versions better than the fabric illustration...not that the pattern's version is not pretty. However yours seem more practical and more wearable. Great job on these!
Anniinbc said... (1/28/12 1:50 PM) Reply
I love the look of this dress and how you put it together. I have this pattern and I'm inspired again to make a go of it. thank you for the review.
marthamyers said... (1/28/12 9:14 AM) Reply
Interesting pattern and feminine result. Great work!
Claverie said... (1/28/12 8:52 AM) Reply
Your version would sell this pattern better. Great looking dress.
Valerie S said... (1/28/12 6:50 AM) Reply
So pretty on you! I agree with the commenter below that your fabric choice make this much more attractive and flattering than the version on the pattern envelope.
SewSho said... (1/28/12 6:13 AM) Reply
Great looking dress!
a life in stitches said... (1/28/12 3:59 AM) Reply
This looks wonderful. It has the appearance of being such a complex pattern, so you were very adventurous to make the changes - I love the way the fabric choices (both your versions) together with the reduction in volume make it work as daywear. I love the cut of this design when I studied the line drawings, but the peachy formal wear look is so off-putting! I think now I am working out some ways I could make up this pattern, so thank you. By the way, I think 'eyelet' and 'broderie anglaise' are interchangeable terms for a fabric or trim that features cutwork or eyelets, it's just one of those American/British English language things. I wonder if the French say 'English Embroidery'?
QuiltSewSewSue said... (1/28/12 1:30 AM) Reply
Interesting dress - looks good on you!
Stephanie C. said... (1/28/12 1:23 AM) Reply
That's a very nice summery dress; look great on you!

by: Sheila457