Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5372 (Misses' Top 9 Sew Fast & Easy)

Viewed 1968 times
Reviewed by:mClones

About mClonesstar
Member since: 3/18/03
Posted on:11/7/04 9:02 PM
Last Updated:2/24/06 5:56 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
MaryBeth said... (2/25/06 8:06 PM) Reply
Cool shirt work, Mina.
ryan's mom said... (2/25/06 7:08 PM) Reply
Great t-shirt! I love that loud print too. Very informative and detailed review which is great!!
jlg said... (2/25/06 6:15 AM) Reply
Great looking tops. I also love the loud prints.
Meguiar said... (2/24/06 10:01 PM) Reply
Love the building fabric - your shirt is fab!
frame said... (2/24/06 7:46 PM) Reply
Your top looks great and I love the building fabric!
CatherineN said... (2/24/06 7:39 PM) Reply
That neckline is flattering to you. The fabric is attractive also. Your house reflects your love of color. Don't change to be someone else.
Nickle said... (2/24/06 6:31 PM) Reply
Your top looks great on you.
StitchQueen101 said... (11/19/05 4:45 PM) Reply
Wowzer's Mina, fantabulous...I want to make something from my NYstash too! Way to go! You are quick!
mClones said... (11/9/04 6:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the good words for this variation on my TNT (Tried and True - I think that is what it means?!). I don't normally sew this quickly but all those PR sewists left me inspired!
AnneM said... (11/8/04 1:28 PM) Reply
You have certainly been busy sewing! Nothing wrong with a few "outspoken" shirts; they are fun!
cindyann said... (11/8/04 8:31 AM) Reply
Gee Mina, that was quick work! I love it and I think the colors are just great on you.
kempcor said... (11/8/04 8:09 AM) Reply
Great shirt, but what is TNT??
Linda E. said... (11/8/04 7:56 AM) Reply
I love you latest verison of the t-shirt. I wish I could find more usually fabrics than what I have for t-shirts.
Meguiar said... (11/8/04 6:50 AM) Reply
Your shirt looks terrific - the colors are very flattering. I think bright colors are the way to go! (esp. with all of the monotonous black wearers in NYC) And this definately inspires me to start cutting into some of my own PR weekend fabric.
Ann B. said... (11/8/04 6:44 AM) Reply
Mina, with your beautiful smile, pretty face and wonderful top I know why people enjoy looking at you. You look fantastic! Thanks for the review on the sew along top too. I'm plugging away at mine. I agree with Karla, I did not think it was allowed to sew up brand new fabric ;) . Great work, and great review, thanks.
Karla Kizer said... (11/8/04 5:55 AM) Reply
You've got to be kidding. You made this top with fabric you bought THIS weekend? I didn't even know that was allowed. ;-) Looks great, and the picture makes it obvious that you enjoy wearing it. (The catty remark is a sure indication that you did something right. )
Debbie Cook said... (11/7/04 11:27 PM) Reply
The shirt looks great! I bet the "catty" person was just jealous you looked so nice wearing the bright colors and had a top that FIT!!
Sherril Miller said... (11/7/04 11:07 PM) Reply
I love that shirt. It's not loud, it's striking. Wear it with pride. You've almost made as many versions of this as I've made with my TNT t-shirt.
Towanda said... (11/7/04 11:01 PM) Reply
Great t-shirt, you look really happy wearing it and that is all that counts.
BjP said... (11/7/04 9:36 PM) Reply
Cute the fabric and don't give that catty person another thought. It would be a pretty boring world if we all wore white, cream, or gray all the time! (You just gave me the impetus to make the black slinky fabric in my stash that has fuschia purses all over it.) Good review...sounds like you've gotten all the kinks out of this pattern.
GorgeousFabrics said... (11/7/04 9:15 PM) Reply
Mina, that looks great! Man, you are fast!!! :) -Ann
Nikki said... (11/7/04 9:10 PM) Reply
Wow, you're quick! What a fun shirt!

by: sewingsill...