Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6467 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
OK USA
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:2/5/12 4:00 PM

ggf2005 said... (2/9/12 1:21 PM) Reply
missed you...very cute top
Barbara V said... (2/6/12 2:33 PM) Reply
Christa, your top looks so pretty and feminine and stylish in the Liberty of London-ish fabric. What an effort to make so many fitting adjustments, but you have a nice fit and it looks super with the belt. Nice to see your review! I too am trying to make my way back to sewing/reviewing with many distractions, obligations, etc. going on. :-)
JETrinity said... (2/6/12 12:32 PM) Reply
Oh, so pretty. Welcome back to sewing. I am in the same problem after moving to a one floor condo and waiting to get my sewing room up and running.
1SewSweet said... (2/6/12 5:40 AM) Reply
I too think it's a cute top and you did a great job! You're so right about fabric choice, it can make all the difference in the world!
SewWil said... (2/5/12 10:33 PM) Reply
Your top is very pretty and looks very nice on you. I just bought this pattern so I appreciate your review / recommendations. Great to see you sewing again!
GoodbyeValntino said... (2/5/12 9:55 PM) Reply
Your top is so pretty! To me nothing is more tiring than altering every aspect of a pattern. I'm amazed at how well it turned out and hope you will wear it AND keep sewing!
PattyE said... (2/5/12 7:31 PM) Reply
Your top is cute. I have this pattern and the fabric (silk voile) for view C. I had already decided I would be altering the neckline so your review just reinforces my plan. Thank you for the great review.
prttynpnk said... (2/5/12 6:36 PM) Reply
This is really cute and I would have overlooked it, but you've styled it so sweetly...I love it.
Annette1 said... (2/5/12 5:01 PM) Reply
Oh, and I hope I can try this pattern with the LOOSER fit in the waist. Don't ask me why. :o)
Annette1 said... (2/5/12 5:00 PM) Reply
Great review, Christa, very helpful, indeed. I can't imagine anything you DON'T look good in, and that includes this blouse. :o) I know the feeling of something not being "you," though. If you do decide to thrift this one, somebody is going to be THRILLED to get it. :o) You did such an exquisite job with the fit, the alterations and those sleeves. :o) NOW ... I just noticed, look at that model on the pattern envelope. She's got one shoulder hiked up, and she's HIDING the other one. THAT means it's too wide on HER, too, and they're trying to HIDE it from us. SIGNED, Inspector 12 (just filling in for Bubba -- ha)!
marec said... (2/5/12 4:58 PM) Reply
Christas, it's really cute on you-I love the peplum. The neckline was very wide and your alterations paid off. It's cute and I think it would be nice with denim shorts in the summer.
Karendee said... (2/5/12 4:57 PM) Reply
Christa, I think you look beautiful in your new blouse. I'm sorry that the shoulders and neckline were low and wide for your body, but the cami was a great fix and it now looks really nice. The print fabric is so soft and elegant and the style is also. Hopefully you can find a few separates to turn this blouse into one of your favorites. Enjoy the blouse for you look lovely in it.

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B