Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Silhouette Patterns> 312 (Giorgio's top)

Reviewed by:Knitz

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Nancy K said... (5/14/12 7:56 AM) Reply

Nancy K said... (4/2/12 9:40 PM) Reply
A very pretty color on you and I think that the shape is good for you. I found the sizing very confusing too. I didn't had success with her wrap the fabric around me either. I always end up with a garment that is too big. I like the lines of this; it's a nice alternative to a plain t shirt.
Spaiyq said... (2/10/12 4:59 AM) Reply
If you email Peggy with your sizing questions she responds very quickly and it is always very helpful! I made this top last night....i got it in the mail yesterday! Ill review soon
diane s said... (2/9/12 7:15 PM) Reply
I like your top better than the one on the envelope.
Knitz said... (2/9/12 5:13 PM) Reply
Elona -- I think a heavier fabric might give a bit too much emphasis to the hip flare, although I could be wrong about that. Will look forward to seeing your sleeve morph!
TJSEWS said... (2/9/12 4:02 PM) Reply
I love the color and the top looks very pretty on you. I too have had similar issues with the sizing of the Silhouette patterns. I ended up with a size that fit my chest area but the armholes and sleeves ended up being too big.
Elona said... (2/9/12 2:39 PM) Reply
It's a very pretty color on you, and the slight peplum/flare is interesting. Perhaps you'd like the effect more in a slightly heavier knit? I agree that Silhouette sizing is a bit of a puzzler, particularly when you have to measure a BUNCH of princess seamed pieces for a knit top. I think when I get around to making this one, I will morph a set-in sleeve onto it, sort of like Vogue 8691, which is a similar pattern.

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Designer Dress Shirt Pattern