Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2852 (Misses Knit Tunics or Tops)

Reviewed by:jynclr

About jynclr
Member since: 12/20/11
Posted on:2/13/12 9:16 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

brissie71 said... (2/20/12 2:21 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your first review. I really like your top, especially how you've styled it. I also like a previous person's suggestions to pop in some pin tucks to take up some of that excess fabric in the neckline. That's the sort of thing I'd never think of myself, but find all the time here on PR.
JenSews2 said... (2/16/12 3:18 PM) Reply
Nice job!
nancy2001 said... (2/14/12 3:21 PM) Reply
Excellent first review!
JTink said... (2/14/12 1:31 PM) Reply
I agree with the others. You did a fine job on this. I have a habit of over estimating my size and have to reduce things down. It's all a learning process. You should wear this with a good shot of "I made it myself" pride :-)
jynclr said... (2/14/12 8:35 AM) Reply
Thank you, folks! I love this site because you're always so encouraging. :)
Janie Viers said... (2/14/12 7:43 AM) Reply
I think your top is great, you just need to make a few pintucks in the neckline and it will stop bowing. Use a double needle and do about ten five inch lines evenly spaced from center. Each one will draw up the fabric a tiny bit so you don't end up with gathers! Belts are always the answer... I can see an oversize 3" black belt worn at hip level. In fact, I can see me wearing the same top but I won't wear a turtleneck since mother nature has gifted my body with it's own heat pump! Great going, not home-made but hand made. Not home sewn but hand crafted. Not too big but a design feature you have used to customize a standard pattern more into a couture garment!
Leora said... (2/14/12 2:38 AM) Reply
I think you did a wonderful job! It is a touch wide on top but otherwise very well done. I hope you'll keep in mind sewers are interested in other sewers and not only enjoy watching skills evolve but having someone to "talk shop" with is priceless ;) Can't wait to see your next garment!
marec said... (2/14/12 0:02 AM) Reply
I love this top on you and think you will rock the style when you fine tune the fit on the square neckline. It looks great on you, and the red is a terrific choice with your coloring.
Trinity. said... (2/13/12 10:01 PM) Reply
I do love this top, and I think you're right -- If you go down a size it will feel much nicer to wear. I have noticed that this pattern is pretty unforgiving when it comes to the fit of the shoulders. I think this looks pretty nice on you and I would definitely give it another try in a smaller size.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2010-114

by: Maree P

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern

Sewing Workshop Tamari Apron Pattern

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size 1X-4X)

Islander Sewing Systems Details Express Shirt (Size 1X-4X)

Other 1814