Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6044 (MEN'S SHIRTS)

Review submitted in February Challenge - Menswear Contest

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Shirts
Thickanatomy said... (5/22/13 8:32 PM) Reply
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm working on this project for my hubby. You did and amazing job? I'm make view B just as you did, but I so confused on the sleeves and I would really appreciate it if you can lend some assistance. I know you sewed this LONG ago, but I really I'm having a hard time with the sleeve, pieces 8 and 9 are the sleeves, but 8 was cut on the fold and I'm so confused on how I am to put this together. It looks like piece #8 was not to be cut on the fold as one piece. Should I cut piece#8 and make it 2 pieces? Please help from anyone. I'm so new and so confused. Thanks in advance.
barebear said... (2/19/12 11:37 PM) Reply
I'm so impressed by this shirt, especially considering it's only your second garment?! That's impressive, tackling buttonholes and collar and collar stand, cuffs, everything. Very nice job! I'm glad your husband likes and appreciates your hard work. :)
margk said... (2/17/12 3:38 PM) Reply
It's no mean feat to make a shirt! It looks fantastic and he looks happy! Hand stitching can give you great results through better control, but there are ways of doing most things by machine.
sew4real said... (2/17/12 2:36 PM) Reply
Great job! Hard to believe you just began sewing.
sewmytime said... (2/16/12 6:17 PM) Reply
Great job! This is a fantastic shirt!
JenSews2 said... (2/16/12 3:26 PM) Reply
Wow! Great job! Congrats on the terrific shirt!!!
VivianZ said... (2/16/12 8:00 AM) Reply
I am so impressed. What a complicated beginning pattern. Great job and very nice shirt.
Darla in PA said... (2/15/12 8:12 PM) Reply
Great looking shirt!
tigergirl said... (2/15/12 3:14 PM) Reply
Good for you, you've done a great job!
Sassy T said... (2/15/12 2:39 PM) Reply
Congrats that is fantastic. Love slipstitching, a life saver lol. Some good youtube vids on it too.
RLL said... (2/15/12 2:20 PM) Reply
Wow, a beginner and you have tackled a mans shirt and buttonholes so soon? Good for you..NO FEAR! Looks very nice so keep up the good work. And there are easier ways to construct collars and cuffs all by machine......start researching on the internet (that is what I did). There are many sources out there. Good luck

by: Nancy Anne