Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Review submitted in Jeans Contest Contest
Reviewed by:JDpenelope

About JDpenelopestarstar
Member since: 9/9/03

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:2/15/12 10:10 PM
Last Updated:2/15/12 10:25 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants

Sweater knit fabrics

Margaret said... (2/19/12 9:30 AM) Reply
They look great! Wonderful fit!
annakeeton said... (2/17/12 10:28 PM) Reply
The wild printed fabric for the front pockets is great! Congrats on finishing these lovely jeans.
jannw said... (2/16/12 8:40 PM) Reply
These look so good!! Top stitching great and I love your pocket size and the linings! Now, we'll never have to go back to boring pockets!! Next pair, we can bling out on!
nancy2001 said... (2/16/12 6:07 PM) Reply
duplicate
nancy2001 said... (2/16/12 6:07 PM) Reply
Wow! Your jeans look terrific, fit beautifully, and the top stitching is to die for. Congratulations on a superlative project!
Levone said... (2/16/12 4:16 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans! Excellent review as well.
redrockcity said... (2/16/12 1:29 PM) Reply
Those look great!!! I really like the coin pockets with their rivets!
Sonut said... (2/16/12 12:13 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip on printing out instructions. I love your comment, about mother nature and father time. How well I know! Still working to get a flat seat, sagging butt adjustment that I'm totally happy with on pants - but doing better now that a year ago.
Patti B said... (2/16/12 11:34 AM) Reply
What great jeans with the fit that you like. I don't think you need to apologize for your sewing skills -- looks great to me!
TJSEWS said... (2/16/12 11:07 AM) Reply
Your jeans are fabulous!
PegL said... (2/16/12 9:42 AM) Reply
Your jeans look fabulous! Very well done! Your review is excellent and has me actually thinking about dragging this pattern out when we get back home.
Sassy T said... (2/16/12 7:08 AM) Reply
They look great
treefrog said... (2/15/12 11:47 PM) Reply
Wonderful jeans. So glad you got your entry in. The fit is great and the pocket lining fabric is fabulous. Well done!
Raye Ann said... (2/15/12 11:39 PM) Reply
Awesome! Yay for finishing! They look very flattering on you.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/15/12 11:34 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for info, and more pics to come. We all had such fun didn't we! And you are hrs ahead of me so no wonder you are tired.
Christas said... (2/15/12 11:34 PM) Reply
These look GREAT! You should be very proud of your work. Congrats on finishing your jeans!
JDpenelope said... (2/15/12 11:11 PM) Reply
HawkeMorningStar7 -- Yes, I did the bartacking on my belt loops with the Juki F600, a jeans 16 needle, and regular sewing machine thread. Ron Collins said not to try to bar tack with topstitching thread. Two thicknesses of my belt loops amounted to 8 layers and then there were 2 layers of the waistband. The Juki didn't balk. I got up early and am very tired, but usually I include a lot more pics. Tomorrow, maybe I'll try for a close up of the bar tacked belt loops. I'm embarrassed at some of my execution. But it should only make you talented folks even prouder of what you can do!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/15/12 11:05 PM) Reply
Congrats on finishing, your jeans look so good. Glad to read the Juki did well with topstitching and industrial thread. Could you let me know if it handles bartacking belt loops? I so am looking for a machine to do this Thank You!
margk said... (2/15/12 10:49 PM) Reply
So glad you got finished! And they look great.
Elizabeth made this said... (2/15/12 10:36 PM) Reply
Yay! You made it. I like the grey topstitching. It must have been nice to not have to switch the thread all the time for topstitching.
Zacky said... (2/15/12 10:18 PM) Reply
You did GREAT! Especially when it comes with dealing with tempermental machines! Congrats!!!!!

Ralph Pink Basic Swimsuit Block