Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7808 (Dress)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:2/16/12 10:54 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 15 people
ybab said... (8/11/15 11:29 AM) Reply
Thanks for the tips on technique....They are so helpful and you explained so clearly!
Annette1 replied...(8/12/15 10:41 AM)
You're quite welcome! :O) Thanks so much.
Mahler said... (4/9/12 9:28 AM) Reply
I havent read one of your reviews in ages. This is such a cool dress and you seem to like it... with all reasons this is so great... I agree with Chirstas for the Spaniel shoulders , what spaniel shoulder, and for the sleeveless version go for it. I have wrinkles because I laugh too much, should I wear a bag on my head ;-))))
Barbara V said... (3/29/12 2:11 PM) Reply
It's March 29th and I just found your review! Where have I been - sleeping? Anyway I love your dress and this pattern. I don't remember ever seeing this pattern before, but it is really cute. The fabric too is perfect. I enjoyed seeing the shower pictures and the little piggies!
Catbird said... (2/23/12 10:40 AM) Reply
I'm WAY late in making a comment on this one. I MEANT to do it as soon as I saw the review because I love this dress, but distractions intervened and then I lost track of what I was doing! Anyway, I really love this on you and love how the fabric works with the pattern. The smaller collar seems much more flattering to me than the big one would have been. It looks absolutely great. This pattern would make a good looking tunic, too. Thank you for another fantastic review and all the photos!
carolynw said... (2/18/12 1:58 PM) Reply
Lovely dress Annette - great fabric choice
Aless said... (2/17/12 5:35 PM) Reply
Thanks, Annette. I asked for a review of this dress and you have done an excellent job.(Loved the extra pics too!)Your dress looks beautiful on you.
AndreaSews said... (2/17/12 5:32 PM) Reply
Great dress! I've had this pattern in my stash forever, but nit sure if id love it on me. Love how it looks on you.
Raye Ann said... (2/17/12 4:24 PM) Reply
I love your fabric! This is exactly what I WOULDN'T know what to do with such a fabric. Thanks for the inspiration;). I also think you look terrific and styled it just right with your necklace.
Karendee said... (2/17/12 12:15 PM) Reply
Annette, you write the most helpful reviews ever. The information you give us on each made pattern could be compiled for a great sewing instructions' book. Thank you for that. And what an adorable dress you made from such a regular pattern. I would never, ever think that pattern would make that wonderful looking dress. Getting rid of that 80's sash was a perfect decision. Then the fabric looks wonderful on you as well as the beautiful workmanship. You are a sewing diva for sure.
1SewSweet said... (2/17/12 8:37 AM) Reply
Annette I really LOVE this dress on you! Very pretty fabric & wish they weren't sold out...I would love to have some for a top too!!
moushka said... (2/17/12 8:21 AM) Reply
Lovely dress and great review. So nice to see pics of your nieces and the cute little piggies.
CAgirl said... (2/17/12 7:31 AM) Reply
Lovely.. especially with the necklace. Very thorough and entertaining review!
tess said... (2/17/12 6:52 AM) Reply
I really love your dress but wouldn't have gone for it myself because of having a large bust too! your great dress has made think I too should give this a go, your fabric really suits you and your extra pics are great!
FreyaStark said... (2/17/12 3:36 AM) Reply
Very nice. This pattern has potential so it is great to see other people trying it. I love the mysterious green colour of your fabric.
Margaret said... (2/17/12 3:34 AM) Reply
This dress looks great on you! I like it so much better than the pattern envelope version. Cute piggies too!
Christas said... (2/16/12 11:49 PM) Reply
This is a very pretty dress on you! It's really a great style for you, too. You shouldn't hesitate to wear the sleeveless version. There's nothing wrong with your arms, and WHAT Cocker Spaniel shoulders?! Thanks for the wonderful tip on keeping the "v" symmetrical. Those piggies are TOO CUTE!
SewWil said... (2/16/12 11:25 PM) Reply
Great looking dress! Love the fabric you chose for this. Thanks for sharing the shower pics. The pigs are so cute! Great idea!

by: kadythered...