Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2245 (Lisette Cropped Trousers)

Reviewed by:Christas

Last Updated:2/21/12 5:10 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Pants
Catbird said... (2/23/12 10:51 AM) Reply
It looks like you've got a TNT capri pattern there! I know what you mean about forging ahead with a project with a pattern you've made successfully before and not thinking about how different fabrics behave. Sometimes our enthusiasm overtakes us! But these are all cute and I'm sure they'll get a lot of use in the spring & summer!
ArtAttack said... (2/22/12 1:31 PM) Reply
All of them are adorable on you! Looks like a great pattern and definitely a great review...thanks
norie creates said... (2/21/12 10:29 PM) Reply
Wow! I love these capris. Great choice of color and love the details too.
Karendee said... (2/21/12 5:40 PM) Reply
Christa, all of the three versions look wonderful on you. I noticed that I like the longer top with this style pants. Of course that's just my opinions, for all of the tops look wonderful with them. You have found a wonderful pattern that looks so good on. Congratulations!
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/21/12 5:26 PM) Reply
tres chic !!!! Very nicely done, you look great !
Sheila457 said... (2/21/12 11:25 AM) Reply
Those look great on you and love the tab/button detail.
Annette1 said... (2/20/12 11:58 PM) Reply
I think Pair No. 2 looks PERFECTLY AWESOME! :o)) However, they DO look like Jenna should get to wear them too! :o)
FreyaStark said... (2/20/12 7:32 PM) Reply
The second version are fabulous - very fitted and chic. I love the colour, too. Is it taupe? It will mix and match well.
pammieh said... (2/20/12 10:43 AM) Reply
Super cute and great job on the finish!
knitmachinequeen said... (2/20/12 10:11 AM) Reply
You did a fantastic job on these. They are AWESOME. TFS
blessedtosew said... (2/20/12 9:59 AM) Reply
Those are awesome and very flattering on you. I don't think they are too snug.
Sassy T said... (2/20/12 6:31 AM) Reply
Love this pattern even more. Am sorry but you must pinch them back from your daughter - too good lol
Knitters Delight said... (2/20/12 1:06 AM) Reply
Lucky daughter! A few times on the Wii and you might get it back.
Raye Ann said... (2/19/12 11:15 PM) Reply
So adorable! I have this pattern in stash and would love to give it a go. Thanks so much for the helpful review, especially the measurements and sizing info. That will really help me when I make these!
Amanda.Claire said... (2/19/12 9:46 PM) Reply
Great looking pants! I made them twice with 2 different fits because of the fabric choice too. I will learn soon :)
carolynw said... (2/19/12 12:23 PM) Reply
Great looking capris and as usual a very helpful review - thanks Christas. I attempted a pair recently and found them way too loose so now I am going to try this pattern and if they fit only half as well as yours I will be so happy
Mahler said... (2/19/12 9:48 AM) Reply
Those pants are so great. They lots of style. They will also be wonderful for cool summer days with sandals. Wonderfu look Christas.
DianasThread said... (2/18/12 6:34 PM) Reply
Cute pants!
prttynpnk said... (2/18/12 6:01 PM) Reply
I want that striped material, its so perfect for them!
mtnbluebird said... (2/18/12 1:58 PM) Reply
These capris are adorable, but you shouldn't hid the fabulous details! The details are so wonderful. Nex project, the top?? That looks adorable too.
Karendee said... (2/18/12 1:56 PM) Reply
Christa, these pants are just perfect on you. I also love the fabric, the button/yoke derail and the stripes. Of course the fit on your perfect figure is TDF. I'd definitely make several more of this pattern, for it is a winner.
Judy Kski said... (2/18/12 12:30 PM) Reply
Adorable capris and a lovely outfit too!
MelissaB in WA said... (2/18/12 12:26 PM) Reply
Those are really cute on you! You're so lucky to have Annette as your fabric angel! :-)
Barbara V said... (2/18/12 11:34 AM) Reply
Wonderful capris...they look super on you. I envy the "fit straight out of the envelope" comment! Cute fabric too.
pdiddly said... (2/18/12 11:04 AM) Reply
these look fabulous - I especially like the tab and button details.
Christas said... (2/18/12 11:02 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments! Krafts, I am 5 ft. 5 in. tall. I also should have mentioned in my review that I cut the length of the pants on the size 8 line. I've now changed my review to include this info.
cleverkitty said... (2/18/12 10:58 AM) Reply
Super cute pants, I have this pattern and never noticed this view, now that I see yours I can't wait to make them. I like what you did with the buttons.
krafts said... (2/18/12 10:43 AM) Reply
Love these! Just for reference, in terms of length, how tall are you? I'm 5'4" and wondering how much I will have to shorten the pattern. Thanks!
Sassy T said... (2/18/12 10:38 AM) Reply
These are so cute. Love the stripey pattern.
AnneMarie60 said... (2/18/12 10:13 AM) Reply
A very flattering pair of capri pants! Love the fabric, too.
Claverie said... (2/18/12 8:08 AM) Reply
Fabric?! ... Did I hear FABRIC?!... :D ... The stripe is great, nice color, and nice fit. These are described as 'trouser'... should they have been floor length or capris? I've yet to make these, but I do like the look of these pants/trousers/capris.
Knitz said... (2/18/12 7:21 AM) Reply
Adorable, and great fabric.
1SewSweet said... (2/18/12 5:18 AM) Reply
I love these capris! The fabric, fit and look are all just perfect! I'm going to pick up this pattern! Thanks for the review!
Terri A said... (2/18/12 1:33 AM) Reply
CYYYYUUUUTE!
SewWil said... (2/18/12 0:52 AM) Reply
How cute are there?!!! Wonderful fabric for these capris. I must have this pattern. THanks for the review.
Christas said... (2/17/12 11:57 PM) Reply
Thank you, Annette! fabric!! My closet is full of garments I have made with wonderful fabrics from YOU!!! :-)
Annette1 said... (2/17/12 11:52 PM) Reply
I LOVE the details on these little capris, especially those front tabs/buttons. :o) I can't WAIT to see the other ones you'll be making. I can't even IMAGINE making NO ALTERATIONS -- ha! JUST WAIT till I get my SEWING ROOM in order, with all my hangers and racks. I'll have to rent a U-HAUL to PAWN OFF half of my fabric on you, whether you want it or not! :o)

Victoria Jones Collection 309 Womens' Long Dress