Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 200965-1003 (slinky knit dress)

Reviewed by:tigergirl

About tigergirlstar
QLD Australia
Member since: 11/30/09
Posted on:3/2/12 1:43 AM
Last Updated:3/2/12 5:40 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
BeaJay said... (3/3/12 7:55 PM) Reply
Great dress - LOVE what you have done with the fabric.
norie creates said... (3/3/12 7:05 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress. No one would know you had so many problems with the construction.
magpie57 said... (3/3/12 12:07 PM) Reply
This is the most fun review I have ever read!! Sorry for your pain but I love your writing style as much as the dress, which is a knock out by the way!! I hope you get a lot of wear out if it. It looks like it can go all crumpled up into a suitcase and come out fresn and ready to wear!
bananaoil said... (3/3/12 8:25 AM) Reply
Yes, this design is very attractive. Thanks for the chuckles.
pdiddly said... (3/3/12 4:25 AM) Reply
I am not familiar with slinky so don't know the pain you went through, but either way lovely looking end result
tigergirl said... (3/2/12 5:24 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone - I'm just glad it's over! @ karen n & Levone - sorry if I've put you off, I don't remember having as many problems with it the first time around (15 years ago). I believe there are different weights etc. of slinky - this one was quite thick. One suggestion I would make is to have as few seams as possible (what was I thinking???). This dress is really just an example of an uber bad pairing of pattern and fabric. Oh, I'm editing my review because I realised that I actually used different stitches.
wordchick said... (3/2/12 3:54 PM) Reply
Great dress!
nicegirl said... (3/2/12 10:14 AM) Reply
LOL, I feel the same way as you about slinky. But I love this dress! Fun use of the stripes and you got a great fit.
Levone said... (3/2/12 8:34 AM) Reply
Pretty dress! I have a couple of pieces of slinky in my stash but I'm scared to try them out. Thanks for the tip on the wondertape.
karen n said... (3/2/12 2:33 AM) Reply
What an attractive and comfortable looking dress! I'm looking at my small pile of slinky with some apprehension now!
Scheri said... (3/2/12 1:51 AM) Reply
I think this dress looks wonderful.

Islander Sewing Systems Baja Shirt Pattern