Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2377 (Child's Dresses)

Reviewed by:craftygamma

About craftygamma
WI USA
Member since: 2/14/08
Posted on:3/4/12 11:03 AM
Last Updated:3/4/12 12:14 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)

Snoo said... (5/17/15 11:15 PM) Reply
Very cute !! Do you think it would work to add about 4" to the bodice of the dress to make it into a peasant blouse ?
caper81 said... (11/21/13 10:16 PM) Reply
Very helpful review:) I'm planning to use this pattern for my two nieces. Thanks for the tip on the elastic!
Lemonsours said... (5/5/12 1:13 PM) Reply
Bold fabrics, I love it!
craftygamma said... (3/11/12 8:56 AM) Reply
OOPS, mis-read my pattern notes. For the sleeves, I cut 2" off the elastic, not 4". I also used 3/8" elastic since I had lots on hand. I just increased the casing for the elastic to 3/4" with 1/4" turned under. I prefer to make my casings slightly larger than called for so elastic can be threaded easily. Then I stitch across the elastic at some of the seams to keep it from twisting.
craftygamma said... (3/11/12 8:51 AM) Reply
Marycds...thanks for the elastic question, because I forgot to mention that in my review. I cut 4" off the neckband elastic and 4" off each sleeve elastic. Since the dress recipients do not live nearby, I had to guess. But at the specified length, there was almost no gathering. For Gram2four, I also look for no zippers or buttons, since notions are so expensive now and kids wear their clothes for such a short time.
Gram2four said... (3/10/12 12:12 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! Love the fabric!I went right out and got the pattern after reading your review. Will be making it next.I am always looking for patterns without zippers or buttons, Thanks so much for your review!
marycds said... (3/7/12 1:25 AM) Reply
Love your color and fabric choices. I have this pattern. I think it has elastic in the neck. Did the recommended length give a good fit in the neck? Thanks
Beek said... (3/4/12 3:09 PM) Reply