Online Sewing Class: Clone Your Favorite Garment

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3915 (Misses pullover tops )

Reviewed by:Knitz

About Knitz
VA USA
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:3/13/12 3:01 PM

Cultured Purl said... (5/4/12 0:56 AM) Reply
I think your shirt looks really good! I would be very happy w/ the fit, it looks very comfortable and very in tune w/ what I see being worn/sold this season, I do think they are moving away from the whole negative ease thing( I may be wrong but I have noticed this more and more) I really think yours looks great just the way it is, and I LOVE the stripes! And now I am thinking about getting this pattern !
Knitz said... (3/14/12 1:31 PM) Reply
LynnG -- inspiration for using stripe came from a Pinterest pin by nicegirl -- St. John Collection top for $295 (ouch!). Their version had diagonal striping on the neckline finish, which looked really nice. Unfortunately not enough fabric to cut it that way, but I think it still is a close cousin.
LynnG said... (3/14/12 10:36 AM) Reply
Very nice top. I have this pattern waiting to be made and I never thought of using stripes. I do like the way yours turned out and I think I will go with stripes too. I find on Kwik Sew that I need to narrow my shoulders all the time. I've started cutting a smaller size for the top and widening at the hips to get a better fit.
newsewer2011 said... (3/14/12 6:13 AM) Reply
Very nice top - perfect fabric choice.
AndreaSews said... (3/13/12 10:38 PM) Reply
Nice looking shirt. Such a pretty neckline.
Terri A said... (3/13/12 10:08 PM) Reply
Very pretty top. The detail on the front is really stylish!
treefrog said... (3/13/12 5:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top! The striped fabric is beautiful
Aixoise said... (3/13/12 5:42 PM) Reply
Your shirt looks great! I just finished one in a rayon knit. Turning those loops was a trip! But I'm pleased with the results, and, like you, will probably wait to make another of these distinctive looking tops. Thanks for the review and the tip on the fabric.

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Sew Chic Phantom Jacket and Pant Pattern (ln1106)

Paradiso Designs Kimono Jacket Formula Pattern