Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2908 (Women's Stretch Jeans)

Reviewed by:cleverkitty

About cleverkittystarstarstar
OH United States
Member since: 8/22/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:3/14/12 5:24 PM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
sewpatty said... (4/27/12 6:21 PM) Reply
Fabulous job and great review! Thank you.
Christas said... (4/15/12 9:18 PM) Reply
Excellent jeans! The shorts are very nice, too. And .... WOW, very nice topstitching! AND..... your sewing areas look so nice and tidy. What a lovely place to create all your very wonderful garments! Yep, you've earned that sewing PHD!!! :-)
Bonnie O said... (4/10/12 5:38 PM) Reply
Bernadette, I wish I had read your review before cutting mine out. I also cut and sewed to the measurements on the envelope and they were much too tight. I'm trying to decide whether to go up one or two sizes. Thanks so much for providing all the details!
MNBarb said... (3/22/12 4:26 PM) Reply
Your saga of Jalie jeans was much like my own. This is one TIGHT pattern but when fiddled with results in a great pair of jeans. I'm not sure the pockets are too big. On my last (5th?) pair I angled the pockets and thought they were much more flattering. Yikes, it's scarey looking at the photo of you in the purple shorts, It could be me! Maybe we are long lost relatives. PS. Love the kitty quilt.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (3/15/12 10:31 PM) Reply
Great jeans!! And an equally great review! You must have been really determined to make that many garments.
21wale said... (3/14/12 9:37 PM) Reply
These look really nice! Good work on getting a better and better fit. I've made the pattern twice, but am hoping the third pair is the ticket.
SewWil said... (3/14/12 8:33 PM) Reply
Awesome looking jeans! You perfected a great fit. I think the pockets look fine. Very pretty scarf top as well. Cute print.
Flying Seamstress said... (3/14/12 8:09 PM) Reply
Bravo You for sticking with the pattern! These jeans are perfect.
Nancy Rhodes said... (3/14/12 8:00 PM) Reply
Hi! Those are just wonderful! Also Loving your PHD description..
tsedai said... (3/14/12 7:42 PM) Reply
Looks good! I want to try this pattern later this year - thanks for the tip about minimal ease.
Levone said... (3/14/12 7:41 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans and shorts! Is this pattern drafted for a stretch fabric?
khurl said... (3/14/12 6:02 PM) Reply
did you use non-stretch fabric? I love your jeans - they look very professional! You must be very proud!
ArtAttack said... (3/14/12 5:35 PM) Reply
Wow! These look great! I have this pattern but haven't gone there yet. I'm afraid I will make numerous tries like you and quit instead of being a trooper like you. I'm not sure the pockets are too big...maybe the grommets just give it that illusion?

Understanding Sheer Fabrics