Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2679 (Sport Jackets for Women)

Reviewed by:E.A.Y.

About E.A.Y.
CA
Member since: 1/25/12
Posted on:3/24/12 8:49 PM
Last Updated:4/26/12 5:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
E.A.Y. said... (4/29/12 2:06 PM) Reply
For quite a while I could only find the Schoeller from Finland. I was happy to find it in the US. I do not own a serger so I don't know what I am missing! Hopefully this review will also demonstrate that this kind of sewing is possible "sergerless".
fuzzygalore said... (4/29/12 1:21 PM) Reply
I used microtex (sharp) needles on my Malden PowerStretch jacket too. But I just serged it :-). And did a very tiny zigzag on the topstitching. I have this pattern too but haven't used it yet, thanks for a very thorough review! And thanks for the Finnish link too.
MNBarb said... (4/27/12 8:13 PM) Reply
I just wore my jacket from this pattern today and was thinking, "this is such a great fit and design". I love the way you color-blocked and topstitched yours. I agree, how nice to have a knock-around comfy jacket that is fit for a woman! Great details in your review.
Danmar said... (4/27/12 9:52 AM) Reply
Nice! I love the color blocking. Your tips are very helpful
Stephanie C. said... (4/27/12 1:36 AM) Reply
That's an amazing looking jacket!
annakeeton said... (4/26/12 7:20 PM) Reply
Wow, great jacket! Schoeller makes super quality fabric, so you know this jacket will wear well. Brilliant idea to use bulk zipper tape on the hand pockets to not have to sew around the stop.
E.A.Y. said... (4/26/12 5:34 PM) Reply
I should add a note about working w/ Schoeller dryskin. This is a woven fabric, so some kind of anti-fray is necessary along the front edges. I used Fray Block. If I'd thought of it, I'd have incorporated some seam tape or something for a nicer finish.
TJSEWS said... (4/26/12 4:27 PM) Reply
Fabulous!
E.A.Y. said... (4/26/12 11:49 AM) Reply
If you are in Europe, shelby.fi In the States rockywoods.com
MaryDB said... (4/26/12 11:47 AM) Reply
Wow - the jacket looks great! You did a terrific job. Where on earth did you find the Schoeller softshell? I have been looking for it everywhere.
E.A.Y. said... (4/6/12 9:27 AM) Reply
Thank you! I've finally ordered the fabric and altered the pattern so once I finish a jacket for my husband, I can get going.
wildberrymom said... (3/24/12 10:39 PM) Reply
Nice muslin and helpful review--look forward to seeing the final project.

Merchant & Mills Top 64