Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2962 (Misses Swimsuit)

Review submitted in Swimwear Contest Contest
Reviewed by:ryan's mom

About ryan's momstarstarstar
Member since: 11/30/04
Posted on:3/30/12 9:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 22 people
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear

Other Projects by ryan's mom using this Pattern

Jane Mary said... (3/24/14 11:50 AM) Reply
Thank you so very much for this outstanding review! I have made many swimsuits for my daughter when she was little and have now decided to attempt one for myself. I am done paying over $100 for a designer swimsuit and another $89 for matching cover-ups! I especially love your suggestion on getting the Elastic Applicator Foot. I just ordered mine and can't wait for it to arrive! I also have the Baby Lock Imagine Wave...so hoping for the same great results that you achieved! I also loved your idea of color blocking and making the adjustments specifically for your body type. Something you can not do with Ready-to-Wear. I have a custom dress form and already can see where I need to add a bit more fabric here or there.....which the swimsuit designers don't...since their models are perfect and most everyday people are not! And, love your feline friends...we have two here as well. You look amazing in your swimsuit! The pattern companies should consider asking you to write an instruction booklet to compliment their patterns. And, if you modeled the suit....they would get more sales. Great job! Thanks so much for the help and inspiration! I will continue to follow your work, as I hope to be in your sewing ability league someday!
caper81 said... (7/17/12 8:17 AM) Reply
Great swimsuit! Thanks for including all of your photos along with your detailed review. Very helpful! :)
Jrhee said... (7/16/12 1:54 PM) Reply
I somehow missed this review the first time around! AMAZING swimsuit and technique. I see that you used an elasticator foot - I'm currently using it on my 3rd swimsuit, and while very convenient, I can't get it to feed smoothly over seams. I'll play around with it some more, I suppose.
Lynn67 said... (6/4/12 6:31 PM) Reply
Just wanted to say thanks for all the pics of the bra cups - I was directed here by a fellow PR'er since my bra cups didn't work out for a halter I'm making. I've learned a lot from your pics (like cutting out the inside lining - where did I think my little boobs would go?). Awesome bathing suit, too, BTW!
CSM--Carla said... (5/1/12 11:58 AM) Reply
Fabulous job!! Congratulations! Thanks so much for the excellent tut on the bra lining!
fractal said... (4/9/12 11:43 AM) Reply
Fantastic swimsuit and a wonderfully detailed review. Well done!
sew4real said... (4/7/12 8:58 AM) Reply
Great review! Your suite look professionally done. I am inspired to try my hand at making a swim suite. I like your kitty cats, mine do the same thing!
cindysewsaz said... (4/4/12 11:54 AM) Reply
Absolutely awesome! (Both the review and the suit!) Thanks for the detailed review!
KHinson said... (4/4/12 9:36 AM) Reply
What a beautiful suit and great fit. I don't think I could pull it off with a regular sewing machine.
petro said... (4/4/12 7:41 AM) Reply
Wow! perfect fit, wonderful swimsuit.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (4/1/12 0:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for the demo on sewing the cups in - very good information! Great suit and cute kitty!
AuntieShel said... (3/31/12 7:07 PM) Reply
You are absolutely stunning in your suit!!! We should all be so lucky to look like that at 45 after 4 kids!! Absolutely LOVE the black and green combo. Am thinking I should try making a suit out of bathing suit fabric, yours is so inspiring!
Bonnie O said... (3/31/12 9:39 AM) Reply
YOU LOOK GREAT! I love the fabric combo. Congrats on the weight loss.
JEF said... (3/31/12 8:48 AM) Reply
1. You look fantastic in this suit. 2. Your review is wonderful - thank you so much for all the detailed info and photos. 3. I think the ruching a very stylish detail. 4. I have a black cat who looks just like yours (there is a certain similarity to black cats, isn't there?) who helps out in the exact same way!!!
Teeavilnor said... (3/31/12 8:27 AM) Reply
Thank you so much your wonderful review on adding bra cups your suit is A+
RobbieK said... (3/31/12 8:09 AM) Reply
I have this pattern! I've used it, but my swimsuit didn't look as good as yours, wait maybe it's the body it was on ;) I love what you've done and you've inspired me to make another.
Dilliander said... (3/31/12 4:32 AM) Reply
Wonderful review and wonderful swimsuit.
sewing for fun said... (3/31/12 1:02 AM) Reply
Fantastic!
annakeeton said... (3/30/12 11:35 PM) Reply
Awesome suit and the lycra print rocks! Thanks for including all of the details and photo links in your review.
BeckyC said... (3/30/12 11:14 PM) Reply
Your suit looks wonderful on you! I love the ruched neckline trim and the way you incorporated the print fabric by adding princess seams - what a great idea and very slimming to have the solid black on the sides. What a great project to utilize all of your machines. Thanks for the detailed review!
tsedai said... (3/30/12 10:52 PM) Reply
Looks great! Thanks for such an excellent review!
Judy Kski said... (3/30/12 10:20 PM) Reply
You look fabulous in your new swimsuit! Thanks for all the time you spent writing an incredibly detailed review. I loved all the insight you provided on the entire process. I, for one, will be referring back to it as I work on incprving my swimsuit sewing skills. Good luck in the contest!
Mufffet said... (3/30/12 10:15 PM) Reply
WOW...excellent - you really DID pull out all the stops and this is a great looking suit and of course looks great on you! :) Congrats!

Understanding Wool Fabrics
Understanding Wool Fabrics

by: Jonni Ange...

Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Favorite Things Hushabye Baby Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

by: Jonni Ange...