Pattern Reviews> Colette Patterns> Pastille (Pastille)

Reviewed by:Irene Bullock

About Irene Bullockstar
Netherlands
Member since: 3/22/10
Posted on:3/31/12 4:23 PM

annem54 said... (5/16/14 9:52 AM) Reply
I think it looks good - I hope you've had good use from it.
TJSEWS said... (4/3/12 3:36 PM) Reply
I think it looks great on you and hope you give it another try once you have some time away from it.
MariaDenmark said... (4/2/12 3:09 AM) Reply
Great dress. Perfect LBD, I must say. The neckline is lovely. Thanks for a helpful review!
Irene Bullock said... (4/1/12 3:24 PM) Reply
Oh, I know about the ample bosom policies at Colette Patterns. Indeed, I should have done an SBA, like I did with the Jasmine blouse. Going down a size was not such a bad idea, it's just that I often forget to give the waist a good 1-2 cms. extra, which I always need regardless of the size (I'm kind of a rectangle).
JEF said... (4/1/12 10:06 AM) Reply
Wow - I think it is so cute on you and I love your photo. I would have no idea the fit wasn't as anticipated/designed. It just looks wonderful on you.
marec said... (4/1/12 1:10 AM) Reply
It looks great on you in the photos, but if it is too tight when sitting...well, it's too tight. I love Colette designs, and struggle with the fit too. There are SBA tutorials on her blog. Hope you make another-it is perfect on you.
barebear said... (3/31/12 8:44 PM) Reply
Like zoe said, their patterns are drafted for a 'c' cup instead of the standard 'b' cup. This is a nice change for those of us who are doomed to do FBA's for the rest of our lives, but less so for those who don't. When I choose to go up a size instead of spending the time doing an FBA, the fit is always way too big at the waist and shoulders. Sounds like a similar problem for you, just the opposite way. You may want to consider doing a small bust adjustment (SBA) on the size 4 instead of going down a size. That said, this looks very lovely on you! I hope you try it again once you're willing to look at it again. :D
zoe said... (3/31/12 6:55 PM) Reply
Well, despite all of the challenges, it certainly looks cute on you. I have read that Collette patterns are sized for a 'c' cup fit in the bodice ( one reason I've shyed away from them so far). I've wondered about differences between pictures on the pattern envelopes, and real life fit ( and even style) differences too. Surely they sew it up from the same patterns??? Interesting review.
Vintage Joan said... (3/31/12 6:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful!! I love your bilingual blog and reviews, too. :)

by: FreyaStark