Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8774 (Misses Jeans)

Reviewed by:EliseMarie

About EliseMariestar
Member since: 10/2/10
Posted on:4/5/12 10:41 PM
Last Updated:4/5/12 10:43 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
EliseMarie said... (4/8/12 5:59 AM) Reply
Thanks for all of your nice comments. They seem to have some residual shrinkage as Sue pointed out which means that now they are fitting a little bit snugger. Next I will attempt a pair of dress pants. I had always shied away from pants but I love that I can make them as long as I want :)
marec said... (4/7/12 10:42 AM) Reply
Bravo!! I have not yet attempted jeans but your pair may nudge me. They are wonderful and the topstitching is fantastic.
Barbara V said... (4/6/12 11:42 AM) Reply
Amazing jeans and fit on your first pair. I agree with the other comments about preshrinking and going down a size and taking into consideration the fabric as to weight and stretch. Well done - I'm sure now you are hooked!
Sue Parrott said... (4/6/12 9:39 AM) Reply
Wow, great work on your first pair of jeans! I too would recommend possibly going down a size. Also with denim, there is residual shrinkage and many suggest washing and drying the denim at least three times before cutting out your pattern. Another wash and dry prior to hemming ensures you won't loose any length. :)
1SewSweet said... (4/6/12 7:57 AM) Reply
Nice job on your first pair! I agree with the others, you may want consider going down a size on your next pair, unless you are comfortable with your fit.
khurl said... (4/6/12 7:52 AM) Reply
Wow! Your first pair?!? They say it only takes one to get addicted... Well done
EleanorSews said... (4/6/12 6:23 AM) Reply
Looks like you got a fairly good fit. Like dragon 10 says, you might consider going down a size. One problem with not prewashing your denim is that you could lose length ~ of course, if you cut them a bit longer and washed/dried the finished jeans before hemming, you might also avoid the loss of length. Something to think about anyway...
dragon10 said... (4/5/12 11:34 PM) Reply
Well done. They look good and you did a good job with the topstitching. I have this pattern but haven't made them up yet. I did try a Burda jeans pattern and went down a size and got more of a jeans (tighter) fit. I suggest you go down a size especially if the denim has stretch. thanks for the review.
Understanding Interfacings