Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2805 (Women's t-shirts)

Reviewed by:Mahler

About Mahlerstarstarstar
QC CANADA
Member since: 7/28/07

Best Patterns of 2009
Posted on:4/6/12 12:49 PM
Last Updated:4/6/12 1:23 PM

Annette1 said... (4/30/12 9:51 PM) Reply
You are just ADORABLE in this dress! I LOVE the draping, and it's a very special "little black dress" in this knit. I hope you make LOTS and LOTS. (By the way, I know you'll be shocked to learn that I love your boots, too.) :o)
mochimo said... (4/14/12 6:16 AM) Reply
Che bellissimo vestito!!! Lo adoro!
magoe6217 said... (4/7/12 6:50 PM) Reply
I absolutely love it. Very chic.
marec said... (4/7/12 10:40 AM) Reply
Stylish, interesting and flattering-what an outfit! You look amazing.
Barbara V said... (4/7/12 0:00 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous classy dress and entire outfit. It was a joy to read your review and follow your process in designing your unique dress based on Marie Saint-Pierre's dresses. While the dress looks to be of a complicated design, your pattern pieces demonstrate how really simple it is. Perhaps the tricky part was in the sizing and scale which you achieved perfectly. It is so nice to see a review from you again. Looking forward to more!
Mahler said... (4/6/12 4:49 PM) Reply
Thank you all !! Irene if you what the pattern pieces, I can copy them and send them to you by mail. Janie... you are tooo sweet... very Janiesque type of comment you wrote :_) <3
Catbird said... (4/6/12 4:43 PM) Reply
So nice to see you back on PR, Anne-Marie! I love this dress so much and all your styling choices are perfect for it. It inspires me to start sewing again -- I've been idle too long. This is chic, fun, urban and unique...as I said on your blog, very Labrecque-esque!
rivergum said... (4/6/12 3:58 PM) Reply
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing both the designer and the dress, this was one of the moments that makes PR priceless to me - such fantastic inspiration. Can't wait to scoot off to Marie's website too for more of this!
marjoriekh said... (4/6/12 3:41 PM) Reply
OK, I want one. Thanks for the very helpful information! Dare I say I like yours on you better than the inspiration piece on the model? And your boots are fabulous, too.
Irene said... (4/6/12 3:21 PM) Reply
What a wonderful dress, and so flattering on you. This is a particularly helpful review of a self-drafted pattern. With your photos of the pattern pieces, as well as your narrative, I'm encouraged to use your experience to try this myself!
ConnieBJ said... (4/6/12 2:26 PM) Reply
Totally gorgeous! It's perfect!
Kay Y said... (4/6/12 1:24 PM) Reply
This is very inventive and you wear it beautifully. Fun!!
AnneMarie60 said... (4/6/12 1:08 PM) Reply
Bravo! You achieved amazing results by combining the two patterns. Looks fabulous on you! I visited the designer's website, and I understand why you adore Marie Saint-Pierre's collection.

McCall's M6559