Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1849 (Misses' Tops)

Reviewed by:Sheila457

About Sheila457starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/21/07
Posted on:4/10/12 7:30 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

freshstart said... (4/29/14 6:17 PM) Reply
Wow! This looks amazing on you. Your pictures are SO inspiring. Off to fit mine now!
Sheila457 said... (5/28/13 6:21 AM) Reply
Thank you.
loral15 said... (5/27/13 10:56 AM) Reply
Thanks for posting a review of this top, all of them look fantastic on you! I just sewed it up and think it's super flattering. DD16 wants me to make one for her, now!
SAMBoddy said... (5/8/13 9:02 PM) Reply
I am so glad you posted this! i just picked up this pattern and it looks like it was a good choice. All your versions look incredible!
Karla Kizer said... (8/13/12 7:28 PM) Reply
Noticed this pattern for the first time tonight, on a rack in Walmart, and I was pleased and surprised to find a review. Your versions are very encouraging - lovely! Thanks for taking the time to post the great pictures.
salsera7 said... (4/28/12 1:22 PM) Reply
All versions look great on you and made such great fabric selections.
Woolygal said... (4/11/12 7:11 AM) Reply
Wow, these new additions to your wardrobe are perfect.
Jane S said... (4/11/12 6:08 AM) Reply
Each one looks better than the other. Terrific.
pdiddly said... (4/11/12 2:19 AM) Reply
great looking top
heathergwo said... (4/11/12 1:01 AM) Reply
Killer pics! Love the editing you did to show off how many ways you made this awesome top. Excellent job!
jlg said... (4/10/12 6:46 PM) Reply
Love them all.
allycovey said... (4/10/12 1:14 PM) Reply
Great tops I really love the differnt styles and fabrics
Jrhee said... (4/10/12 12:36 PM) Reply
These look awesome!
Sheila457 said... (4/10/12 12:08 PM) Reply
Thanks again. MNBarb, Yes it is, simplicity extracted versions B & C for Its So Easy Simplicity pattern. Before serging the neckline I baste stitched the overlay from shoulder to V-point. Then slowly serged along the neckline making sure to place my finger behind the presser feet as I serged, removing my finger to release bunched fabric, repeating the process as I continue, especially being that I didn't stabilize the neckline. Thereafter,snip right at the V-point making sure not to snip past the left/right straight serger threads. Fold the serged edge to the inside and slowly final stitch along neckline using the same technique by placing finger by the presser feet.It ensures neckline does not stretch out. I love this technique, which I came across while web surfing and sadly don't recall the blog to credit for a great technique.
VirginiasDghter said... (4/10/12 11:31 AM) Reply this is just too HOT! You showin' out! Great insight and use of this pattern. Love, love the dress! Nice work Sheila!
MNBarb said... (4/10/12 11:12 AM) Reply
Funny, this is the same pattern as Simplicity 2181. This is such a flattering design with its waist definition. You look terrific in all of your versions! I didn't like the facings either but how did you turn over the V of the neckline without having it get bunchy!
Elemenopeo said... (4/10/12 11:11 AM) Reply
great tops - really flattering on you too
slmstyle said... (4/10/12 10:55 AM) Reply
Great tops and I love the styling of your fashion photos!
Barbara V said... (4/10/12 10:11 AM) Reply
Fantastic tops and ensemble combinations! They all look great on you.
sewbehind said... (4/10/12 10:05 AM) Reply
Very nice. I can see why you love this pattern. Great job on combining patterns. Fabulous.
Sheila457 said... (4/10/12 10:01 AM) Reply
Thank you for the beautiful compliments. RadarRadiance, I posted on my blog how I teaked the blouse and how I attached it to the skirt. Let me know if you have any additional questions and thanks.
SewWil said... (4/10/12 9:51 AM) Reply
What beautiful tops!!! This made a wonderful dress. Great job!!!
fauxgetaboutit said... (4/10/12 9:49 AM) Reply
This top looks so flattering on you! I love that you made it multiple times as well as turned it into a dress.
RadarRadiance said... (4/10/12 9:32 AM) Reply
Love it!!!! Just added the pattern to my wish list, what a fabulous fit and look. Thanks for the review! Would love to hear your steps in making the top with the New Look for the dress, it is really sharp and classy.
lakaribane said... (4/10/12 9:13 AM) Reply
Sheila, you killed me! I love the montage and each top is so great in its own way! Watch out world, Sheila is on the loose!
sewmytime said... (4/10/12 8:44 AM) Reply
Smokin' hot!
DreinPA said... (4/10/12 8:17 AM) Reply
That is seriously awesome. Seriously.
Dilliander said... (4/10/12 7:45 AM) Reply
Fabulous tops, great job!
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Sense & Sensibility Elegant Lady's Closet

by: Catroodje

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

Sew Chic Pretty Petticoat Pattern (ln1208)

You Sew Girl Laptop Bag Pattern