Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6503 (Misses' Dresses)

Reviewed by:Christas

About Christasstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/16/06
Posted on:4/15/12 3:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Vesta Patterns

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

Cowtown Karen said... (5/13/12 7:45 PM) Reply
Lovely version of this great pattern!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/10/12 10:00 PM) Reply
That is so cute Christa! I'm sorry I missed this when you posted it, but I'm thinking of this being my next project. I love the details of this dress and can't wait to have one of my own.
MamaSewing said... (4/16/12 5:36 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress, what a perfect sewing job and in the midst of all the storms--well done!
SavageCoco said... (4/16/12 4:23 PM) Reply
Really beautifully done, you do such gorgeous work. Looks smashing on you. I like that you made your self-bias binding. I think I will "hem" my ruffle the same way or perhaps my new rolled hem foot! We'll see - thanks for the inspiration!
VirginiasDghter said... (4/16/12 1:09 PM) Reply
What a lovely dress! The floral fabric is just gorgeous and you styled it very nicely. It looks just as nice without the cardigan as it does with. The "tornado" dress turned out quite nicely I'd say!
Catbird said... (4/16/12 9:14 AM) Reply
You look so pretty in this, Christa, and your work is incredibly meticulous and perfect. That closeup of the collar band could go right into a sewing book. Beautiful!!
Scheri said... (4/16/12 3:06 AM) Reply
Its so pretty. I just love how flattering the ruffles are in you dress. Glad you are safe and sound.
Christas said... (4/15/12 11:13 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone, for all the really nice comments!!!
Karendee said... (4/15/12 9:58 PM) Reply
Gorgeous dress, fabric and workmanship, christa. I can believe that you made this dress during that terrible stormy weather. It is a beautiful dress and perfect for your perfect figure.
cleverkitty said... (4/15/12 8:51 PM) Reply
I was thinking about you! Whenever I hear tornado's in OK I think of you since I don't know anyone else. yikes 9-12 of them... your dress is exactly what I expect from you just Gorgeous...miss seeing your reviews....
callmeRuth said... (4/15/12 8:39 PM) Reply
Christa, it's beautiful! You're beautiful!
Sew4Fun said... (4/15/12 7:09 PM) Reply
You look beautiful! Such a lovely outfit and combination of colours.
Raye Ann said... (4/15/12 6:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful spring outfit! Such nice topstitching:).
ArtAttack said... (4/15/12 6:36 PM) Reply
Adorable dress and it looks great on you!
Peggy L said... (4/15/12 6:35 PM) Reply
Glad all is well with you. This dress is perfect on you. So feminine. The colors are perfect this season. I have some os the same - umm in RTW.
SewWil said... (4/15/12 6:04 PM) Reply
Such a feminine dress. Very pretty! Looks great with the cardigan. Glad to see that you are safe.
Barbara V said... (4/15/12 5:54 PM) Reply
So pretty - both you and your dress! The pattern and fabric are very feminine and styled beautifully with the cardigan, belt and shoes! Great job and always. So glad to hear that you were safe!
Nan Kay said... (4/15/12 5:31 PM) Reply
Impeccably styled! You look fantastic in your outfit.
sunnysewer said... (4/15/12 5:18 PM) Reply
Super pretty dress, love the fabric, sorry to hear about the tornadoes - glad you are safe!
Annette1 said... (4/15/12 5:12 PM) Reply
I can't decide WHICH is more adorable, YOU or the DRESS! This pattern is a KEEPER for you, Christa! The fullness of the skirt is JUST RIGHT, the length is PERFECT, and the bodice is EXPERTLY FITTED. I love everything about it -- especially with those YELLER SANDALS! :o)
julibchickadee said... (4/15/12 4:31 PM) Reply
This is so pretty!! I love the ruffle on the collar! It looks really cute with a cardigan too. I'm also glad that you and your family are safe! Adding this to my sewing wish list too. :-)
AnneMarie60 said... (4/15/12 4:24 PM) Reply
First of all, I am relieved to know that you and your family are safe! The dress is as lovely as can be, Christa. I love the floral print. You did a spectacular job on all of your topstitching, as usual. I know you'll enjoy wearing this gorgeous dress!
Heatherrique said... (4/15/12 4:04 PM) Reply
You look florally and frillly fabulous!
zoe said... (4/15/12 4:03 PM) Reply
Lovely! I love how it looks with your cardigan too. I have this pattern, and have been thinking it will be my next project, when I'm done with the current one. Glad to see your review. So many patterns; so little time!
Peggyscloset said... (4/15/12 3:57 PM) Reply
This is gorgeous! What a perfect meld of fabric and pattern. (Hope the tornadoes left you unscathed.)

The Technique of Underlining Garments