Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2682 (Women's Tops)

Reviewed by:Anne Cherry

Posted on:4/20/12 3:24 AM
Last Updated:4/20/12 3:28 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people

iSewQuiltArt said... (5/14/12 8:35 PM) Reply
What a lovely top! The neckline does look ingenious. Is it turned back on itself and sewn at the centre seam in a tubular type seam? Then raw edges into the side seams? Nifty.
Anne Cherry said... (5/6/12 7:05 PM) Reply
Hi Sar Sews, I taped the top and bottom pattern pieces for the back together, to create one piece - and I cut on the fold, to avoid having a back seam. So I ended up with just 3 pattern pieces: front, back and sleeve. I cut front x2, back x1(on fold) and sleeve x2. The two front pieces are required to create the soft neck line. I know the neck line construction seems a bit weird but if you just follow them literally, it works!!
Sar sews said... (5/5/12 11:33 PM) Reply
Sar in Perth again....I am assuming that taking out 'empire line' at back as well will still alllow it al to work??!! Seems like a dumb question but those instructions have got me flummoxed.
Sar sews said... (5/2/12 4:01 AM) Reply
Great idea taking out the 'empire' line....a bit of tracing coming on here for a similar effort. Many thanks for info.
Cultured Purl said... (4/29/12 1:05 PM) Reply
Thank you for the review, your tops are beautiful! I had lost a pattern that was similar to this from an independent pattern company that I paid some good $$ for, and was frantic b/c I loved this look, then I realized I HAD this pattern which is quite similar but had the horizontal band,,,,,,( I did not want that, I , like you. prefer a sleeker look) Now I am happy b/c I will be adding this to my 6 pack, sleeveless for summer,,,thank you
JETrinity said... (4/23/12 11:15 AM) Reply
Nice job of matching the front center. Absolutely stunning.
Anne Cherry said... (4/22/12 3:29 AM) Reply
SandyinMO & kjcaron - I cut two fronts and sewed them down the middle, all the way down to the bottom, then turned as per the Jalie instructions and continued as written. Go for it!
AndreaSews said... (4/21/12 4:51 PM) Reply
Gorgeous fabric. Your tops are fabulous.
SandyinMO said... (4/21/12 1:45 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and like your version so much better. The way you made it without the bodice line, is the whole front doubled?
kjcaron said... (4/21/12 11:06 AM) Reply
I love all of your versions! I have this pattern but haven't tried it because I don't like where the bodice line sits on most of the ones I have seen. I hope I am able to figure it out your way when I give it a try!
marec said... (4/21/12 9:55 AM) Reply
Yet another wonderful top I must have-I love all your versions and enjoyed all the pictures!
JanyceR said... (4/21/12 8:14 AM) Reply
Great Review and thank you so much for pictures of all the versions. The maple leaf version with the arc skirt is absolutely wonderful!
Mel.J said... (4/21/12 7:53 AM) Reply
Awesome tops! (also love the skirt topstitching!)
pdiddly said... (4/21/12 4:52 AM) Reply
This is a favorite pattern of mine, but I love your version, especially the maple leaf one - am going to give it a go.
mary in FL said... (4/20/12 10:31 PM) Reply
Oh, Kewl!
Anne Cherry said... (4/20/12 9:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the lovely comments! Special thanks to Renata for getting me out of my comfort zone re: self pics with a good dose of humour! Like my sewing, taking self pics will get better with practice! As for the shoes, they are long time faves...from Nine West, circa 2002. Best worn these days for dinner parties...they are excellent to sit in ;-*
Barbara V said... (4/20/12 7:56 PM) Reply
Cute top. Really like it with bodice line removed. Will have to try this. It looks super on you!
MNBarb said... (4/20/12 4:06 PM) Reply
You're so smart to eliminate the bodice line for another different look. I'm glad you took the time to pose and shoot since the top looks nice on the stand but one-thousand times better on you with your cute skirt and heels. Great pattern, great fabric.
Terri A said... (4/20/12 1:04 PM) Reply
You look gorgeous! Wow!
GoodbyeValntino said... (4/20/12 9:45 AM) Reply
All three tops are pretty, but I absolutely love the red maple leaf! The fabric placement is super - thanks for the review!
Clareew said... (4/20/12 8:25 AM) Reply
Wonderful
velosewer said... (4/20/12 6:31 AM) Reply
Wow. Stunning top. Wonderful fabric and I want one too. Excellent pose and shoes.
Huntwoman said... (4/20/12 6:28 AM) Reply
Stunning. What a great choice of fabric!
Dilliander said... (4/20/12 6:01 AM) Reply
Wow, one pattern many lovely and different tops! The maple leaf top placement is very clever and looks very chic with your red skirt.
Sharonspils said... (4/20/12 6:00 AM) Reply
Fantastic top,love all the versions.
jlg said... (4/20/12 5:34 AM) Reply
What a great bunch of tops. Adding this pattern to my wish list.
SewWil said... (4/20/12 4:26 AM) Reply
Love all of your versions but the Red Maple Leaf is gorgeous. Great job on the fabric placement. It looks great with your new skirt and those shoes are awesome.
Renata said... (4/20/12 4:15 AM) Reply
Thank you for that Anne. I thought the top was absolutely stunning on the model but it totally pops on you. Love the pose. You look gorgeous.

Favorite Things Little Nightie Night Pattern