Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5989

About cocosloftstarstar
Member since: 3/17/12
Posted on:4/28/12 6:48 PM
Last Updated:4/28/12 7:17 PM

See other patterns in this category: Sleepwear
grays08 said... (7/31/12 2:13 PM) Reply
I'm late in seeing this but looking to make this up (I have some soft minky). I love your robe and agree about the pockets. It looks fabulous. I have a couple of the tutti frutti fabrics that are the same way - some stiff, some really soft, go figure!
Miss Vintage said... (5/5/12 10:47 PM) Reply
Interesting and thanks for the heads up about the Tutti Fruitti! Normally I would have guessed the dye changes 'the hand' as it does with yarn. However, I had a similar experience with my robe fabric which suprisingly was a knit and supposidly the same color (2 different bolts)!
cocosloft said... (5/4/12 5:48 PM) Reply
That tutti fruitti...on my blog post I noted...I used a red dot and it stayed crisp after washing! The white washed up so soft and nice...
Miss Vintage said... (5/4/12 10:16 AM) Reply
Your robe came out lovely! I recently made this one too and agree about the belt loops! (Guess I have another review to write!) Good to know that the Tutti Fruitti washed up softly - I liked it when I saw it in the store, but was afraid it would be stiff.
cocosloft said... (5/3/12 10:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments! I keep looking at that top and have decided to get out the seam ripper and unpick the front. I'm going to cross the bodice about 1 inch each side of the center, there is plenty of play in the fit to do this. Will close the gap and make it wearable. A rainy day project!
ChristineX said... (5/2/12 9:42 PM) Reply
Cute!
Elemenopeo said... (4/30/12 8:18 AM) Reply
so nice of a set - the fabric for the top is so cute it's a shame but thanks for the warning
JTink said... (4/29/12 8:52 AM) Reply
That robe is so cute! When I first saw it on the thumbnail, I thought it was a dress :-)
prttynpnk said... (4/29/12 7:03 AM) Reply
I'm not a big robe girl, but I want that one!
FreyaStark said... (4/29/12 6:38 AM) Reply
Very nice. I love the pants especially. They're fabulous in that fabric.
Nancywin said... (4/29/12 0:57 AM) Reply
really cute! Love the ruffle on the robe. Sorry the top didn't work out. Do they think our busts go away when we take off our bra??? LOL!
rebelina said... (4/28/12 11:50 PM) Reply
I love your jammies, especially the pants.
Sewiing Sue said... (4/28/12 9:11 PM) Reply
the top fabric is beautiful as a mate for the bottoms. too bad it did not work out. The velvet adaptation of the robe would be so retro in a good way. And I've read The Dark Star shown on your blog. Excellent book, if disheartening in parts.

by: petro