Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5679 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

fauxgetaboutit said... (5/5/12 1:46 PM) Reply
Great shirt and great detailed review as always. Thanks for the link on neckline binding. Very helpful.
Jrhee said... (5/2/12 9:53 AM) Reply
Cute shirt! I'm a big fan of your hems.
FreyaStark said... (5/2/12 7:36 AM) Reply
A really cute top. The fit is perfect, too.
Danvillegirl said... (5/2/12 7:01 AM) Reply
Very nice. Sometimes you just have to ignore the instructions and sew what you know normally works for you.
Annette1 said... (5/1/12 11:12 PM) Reply
SO cute, but then WHAT ELSE IS NEW? I know you'll be SHOCKED to know that I have this pattern, too. :o) I'd better start bookmarking your reviews, so I can follow in your footsteps -- ha! Oh, by the way, I LOVE Walk Off the Earth and had never heard of them until I saw the links on your blog. They're right up my alley, and NOW I want a ukelele -- ha! (Probably spelled that wrong.) Seems like I was going to tell you something else, but I can't remember what. Oh, I know: Mood is having a sale on lots of brightly-colored fabrics. Got the email today. :o) LORD KNOWS I need more fabric. I can almost walk a path through my sewing room with no obstructions.
SavageCoco said... (5/1/12 9:03 PM) Reply
Shaza - thanks so much for the serger pics!
Karendee said... (5/1/12 8:27 PM) Reply
Shams, just noticed the lettering in the fabric of your top. What wonderful fabric. I couldn't see that while reading your blog. Another great top for you.
Barbara V said... (5/1/12 7:44 PM) Reply
I'm impressed with your serger acrobatics! Super job throughout on this great looking top on you and really nice choice of fabric for the style.
Dilliander said... (5/1/12 7:37 PM) Reply
Gosh, you really have a talent for taking a good pattern and making it great! This looks fantastic, stylish with interesting details and the fit is perfect!
sfshaza said... (5/1/12 4:53 PM) Reply
Thanks, Dorothy! :) SavageCoco, I added more pictures and explanation of the hem to this review and to the blog.
DorothyK said... (5/1/12 4:33 PM) Reply
I love this top - and the fabric is fabulous. I'm glad I got to see it in person - it's even better than the picture. Great job with your alterations.
sfshaza said... (5/1/12 4:19 PM) Reply
Very carefully, SavageCoco! I started the serging at the inside corner and going towards the horizontal hem. I went all the way around and ended at the point. I then started again at the bottom of the point and ended back at the inside corner. It was a little tricky, but not too bad. I'll try to get better pics.
SavageCoco said... (5/1/12 4:15 PM) Reply
Oh Snap! Let's see pics of the hem finish too please! Oh HOW did you turn the corner on your serger??!! Tell tell!!
Kemish said... (5/1/12 3:59 PM) Reply
I saw this on your blog (yes, I am a lurker) and just love it. What a great top! You are right - What's not to love about a great knit top. This is definitely a TNT pattern.

by: FreyaStark