Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 10-2011-135 (Top)

Reviewed by:GermanKleinigkeit

About GermanKleinigkeitstar
Member since: 9/4/08
Posted on:5/2/12 5:24 AM
Last Updated:5/7/12 11:31 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

GermanKleinigkeit said... (5/7/12 11:27 AM) Reply
Hi Kat and Annie, @Annie P: I just jumped in the outfit for you and got up on the rim of the bathtub to kind of sqeeze myself in that available tiny mirror. :-)) Maybe some day someone will take better pictures of me in it. My height is 1,65m, size 42 with FBA, broad shoulders, and as you can see, no waist whatsoever. Omitting the pleats helped for getting less insight, you know what I mean, the muslin had the pleats and it fell off my (broad!) shoulders (well falling off is a bit exaggerated, but it certainly was too big) and the collar was lower. If someone wants the collar even higher, I would try just cutting the folded part smaller (that's what makes the upper collar-rim), but I haven't thought about how this would have to be done, yet. Maybe that's additional help to decide for making it or not. @KatC83 I suppose I'm just disappointed I can't wear it right now, because I do like the prints, too, and also the combination of both. In fact, I liked the jersey print that much, I bought everything they had, 11 meter. So I've still got a little bit to play around with. :-))) I looked at pictures you posted, I'd say, this top would look good on you. The two of us seem to have a similar taste anyway, I like sarouel-pants, too, and have sewn a couple of them. The pattern you had used I haven't tried, yet, but I'm planning to do so. Now I'm trying to insert the additional pictures, hope I can remember how I did that. Have a nice day! :-)
Annie P said... (5/6/12 7:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review - I was thinking of making this one. I like the gathered sides - they are a great idea, especially since you omitted the collar pleats. It would be good to see a photo of the garments on you, but these photos show them quite well.
KatC83 said... (5/3/12 6:25 AM) Reply
I like this style a lot! And the choice of print is nice :-)

by: Muggiesew